- •We quantified the balance dysfunction of a patient with Cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis.
- •Achilles tendon pathology might affect ankle strategy during up right stance
- •A specific deficit in the antero-posterior direction might cause a deficient ankle strategy.
- •Posturography might allow a precision and targeted rehabilitation project in rare diseases.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mutations in the bile acid biosynthetic enzyme sterol 27-hydroxylase underlie cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis.J. Biol. Chem. 1991; 266: 7779-7783
- Selective improvements in balancing associated with offline periods of spaced training.Sci. Rep. 2018; 8: 7836
- Neuromuscular abnormality and autonomic dysfunction in patients with cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis.BMB Neurol. 2011; 11: 63
- Multisensory information for postural control: sway-referencing gain shapes center of pressure variability and temporal dynamics.Exp. Brain Res. 2007; 176: 299-310
- Rare diseases : a major unmet medical need, Publications Office, 2017, https://data.europa.eu/doi/10.2777/749056
- Coexistence of stability and mobility in postural control: evidence from postural compensation for respiration.Exp. Brain Res. 2002; 144: 293-302
- Clinical implications of posture control research.in: Duncan P.W. Balance. American Physical Therapy Association, Alexandria, Va1990: 105-111
- Postural perturbations: new insights for treatment of balance disorders.Phys. Ther. 1997; 77: 517-533
- The importance of somatosensory information in triggering and scaling automatic postural responses in humans.Exp. Brain Res. 1979; 36: 463-476
- Aids to the examination of the peripheral nervous system, Memorandum no. 45, Her Majesty’s Stationery Office, London.1986
- Clinical relevance and neurophysiological correlates of spasticity in cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis.J. Neurol. 2011; 258: 783-790
- Gait phenotype in batten disease: a marker of disease progression.Eur. J. Paediatr. Neurol. 2021; 35: 1-7
- Balance impairment in Fahr’s disease: mixed signs of parkinsonism and cerebellar disorder. A case study.2022
- Fall risk index for elderly patients based on number of chronic disabilities.Am. J. Med. 1986; 80: 429-434
- Learning upright standing on a multiaxial balance board.PLoS One. 2015; 6: 10
- Quantitative analysis of upright standing in adults with late-onset Pompe disease.Sci. Rep. 2016; 6: 37040
- Estimating cumulative point prevalence of rare diseases: analysis of the Orphanet database.Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2020; 28: 165-173
- Natural history of neurological abnormalities in cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis.J. Inherit. Metab. Dis. 2018; 41: 647-656