- •Autonomous finite elements of femurs based on 1 & 3 mm Computed Tomography scans were compared.
- •For stance positions differences of 11.0 ± 13.4% were observed in neck regions on average.
- •For stance positions differences of −1.5 ± 1.8% were observed in other regions on average
- •Consecutive 3 mm Computed Tomography scans may be used in clinical practice if changes are above 10%.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Applications [WWW Document], n.d. . PerSimiO. URL https://www.persimio.com/new-page-5 (accessed 11.24.20).
- The effect of variations in CT scan protocol on femoral finite element failure load assessment using phantomless calibration.PLoS One. 2022; 17e0265524https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0265524
- Effect of CT imaging on the accuracy of the finite element modelling in bone.Eur. Radiol. Exp. 2020; 4: 51https://doi.org/10.1186/s41747-020-00180-3
- Multi-detector row CT attenuation measurements: assessment of intra- and interscanner variability with an anthropomorphic body CT phantom.Radiology. 2007; 242: 109-119https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2421052066
- What is new in the treatment of smoldering multiple myeloma?.J. Clin. Med. 2021; 10: 421https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10030421
- Novel CT-based bone strength assessment by finite element analysis for monitoring bone involvement in myeloma: a proof of concept study.Blood. 2017; 130: 3143https://doi.org/10.1182/blood.V130.Suppl_1.3143.3143
- Calibration with or without phantom for fracture risk prediction in cancer patients with femoral bone metastases using CT-based finite element models.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0220564https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0220564
- Computed tomography slice thickness and its effects on three-dimensional reconstruction of anatomical structures.J. Forensic Radiol. Imag. 2016; 2015: 43-46https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jofri.2015.10.004
- Addressing as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA) in pediatric computed tomography (CT) procedures.J. Res. Med. Dental Sci. 2018; 6: 104-114
- Initial versus deferred melphalan-prednisone therapy for asymptomatic multiple myeloma stage I - a randomized study. Myeloma Group of Western Sweden.Eur. J. Haematol. 1993; 50: 95-102https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0609.1993.tb00148.x
- Hip fractures and the contribution of cortical versus trabecular bone to femoral neck strength.J. Bone Miner. Res. 2009; 24: 468-474https://doi.org/10.1359/jbmr.081108
- Scanner influence on the mechanical response of QCT-based finite element analysis of long bones.J. Biomech. 2019; 86: 149-159
- Automatic Femur Segmentation from CT Scans for Autonomous Finite Element Analyses. Submitted for publication.2022
- Classifications in brief: garden classification of femoral neck fractures.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2018; 476: 441-445https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999.0000000000000066
- Effect of force direction on femoral fracture load for two types of loading conditions.J. Orthop. Res. 2001; 19: 539-544https://doi.org/10.1016/S0736-0266(00)00046-2
- Introduction to Space Physics [WWW document].Higher Education from Cambridge University Press, 1995https://doi.org/10.1017/9781139878296
- Bone disease in multiple myeloma and precursor disease: novel diagnostic approaches and implications on clinical management.Expert. Rev. Mol. Diagn. 2011; 11: 593-603https://doi.org/10.1586/erm.11.44
- Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone for high-risk smoldering multiple myeloma.N. Engl. J. Med. 2013; 369: 438-447https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1300439
- International myeloma working group risk stratification model for smoldering multiple myeloma (SMM).Blood Cancer J. 2020; 10: 102https://doi.org/10.1038/s41408-020-00366-3
- Cytogenetic subclone formation and evolution in progressive smoldering multiple myeloma.Leukemia. 2020; 34: 1192-1196https://doi.org/10.1038/s41375-019-0634-2
- Accuracy improvement of UNet based on dilated convolution.J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 2019; 1345052066https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1345/5/052066
- Accuracy of CT-based thickness measurement of thin structures: modeling of limited spatial resolution in all three dimensions.Med. Phys. 2003; 30: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1521940
- Multiple myeloma: 2020 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification and management.Am. J. Hematol. 2020; 95: 548-567https://doi.org/10.1002/ajh.25791
- How we manage smoldering multiple myeloma.Hematol. Rep. 2020; 12: 8951https://doi.org/10.4081/hr.2020.8951
- Assessing hip fracture risk in type-2 diabetic patients using CT-based autonomous finite element methods : a feasibility study.Bone Joint J. 2021; 103-B: 1497-1504https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.103B9.BJJ-2020-2147.R1
- Pathological fracture risk assessment in patients with femoral metastases using CT-based finite element methods. A retrospective clinical study.Bone. 2018; 110: 215-220https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2018.02.011
- When and where do patients with bone metastases actually break their femurs?.Bone Joint J. 2020; 102-B: 638-645https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.102B5.BJJ-2019-1328.R2
- Patient-specific finite-element analyses of the proximal femur with orthotropic material properties validated by experiments.J. Biomech. Eng. 2011; 133
- Patient-specific finite element analysis of the human femur--a double-blinded biomechanical validation.J. Biomech. 2011; 44: 1666-1672https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2011.03.024
- Imaging the femoral cortex: thickness, density and mass from clinical CT.Med. Image Anal. 2012; 16: 952-965https://doi.org/10.1016/j.media.2012.02.008
- Predicting the stiffness and strength of human femurs with real metastatic tumors.Bone. 2014; 69: 180-190https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2014.09.022
- Autonomous FEs (AFE) - a stride toward personalized medicine.Comput. Math. Appl. 2020; 2019: 2417-2432https://doi.org/10.1016/j.camwa.2020.03.012