- •Lumbopelvic endurance, stability and mobility reduced in nocturnal enuresis.
- •There was no change in respiratory functions in nocturnal enuresis.
- •Lumbopelvic changes should be considered for the management of nocturnal enuresis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function in children and adolescents: update report from the standardization committee of the international Children's continence society.Neurourol. Urodyn. 2016; 35: 471-481https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.22751
- Nocturnal enuresis in children is associated with differences in autonomic control.Sleep. 2019; 42: zsy239https://doi.org/10.1093/sleep/zsy239
- Prevalence of urinary incontinence in men, women, and children--current evidence: findings of the Fourth International Consultation on Incontinence.Urology. 2010; 76: 265-270https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2009.11.078
- Increased morning brain natriuretic peptide levels in children with nocturnal enuresis and sleep-disordered breathing: a community-based study.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e1208-e1214https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2007-2049
- Association between asthma and primary nocturnal enuresis in children.J. Urol. 2016; 195: 1221-1226https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2015.10.081
- Pathogenesis and brain functional imaging in nocturnal enuresis: A review.Exp. Biol. Med. (Maywood). 2021; 246: 1483-1490https://doi.org/10.1177/1535370221997363
- The effect of stabilization exercises on diaphragm muscle thickness and movement in women with low back pain.J. Back Musculoskelet. Rehabil. 2018; 31: 323-329https://doi.org/10.3233/BMR-169749
- Postural activity of the diaphragm is reduced in humans when respiratory demand increases.J. Physiol. 2001; 537: 999-1008https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-7793.2001.00999.x
- Postural and respiratory functions of the pelvic floor muscles.Neurourol. Urodyn. 2007; 26: 362-371https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.20232
- Connective tissue massage: A bridge between complementary and orthodox approaches.J. Bodyw. Mov. Ther. 2000; 4: 72-80https://doi.org/10.1054/jbmt.1999.0125
- Examination of Posture, Balance and Quality of Life in Children with Monosymptomatic Nocturnal Enuresis.Bolu Abant Izzet Baysal University, 2019 (MSc Thesis)
- Overnight change in brain natriuretic peptide levels in children with sleep-disordered breathing.Chest. 2006; 130: 1377-1384https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.130.5.1377
- Comparison of lumbopelvic stability, low back pain and well-being of women who have overactive bladder syndrome to asymptomatic controls: cut-off points.Somatosens. Mot. Res. 2021; 38: 259-266https://doi.org/10.1080/08990220.2021.1961722
- Reliability and validity of the bladder and bowel dysfunction questionnaireamong Turkish children.Turk. J. Med. Sci. 2017; 47: 1765-1769https://doi.org/10.3906/sag-1601-122
- Altered brain activation during response inhibition in children with primary nocturnal enuresis: an fMRI study.Hum. Brain Mapp. 2012; 33: 2913-2919https://doi.org/10.1002/hbm.21411
- Effect of different sitting postures on lung capacity, expiratory flow, and lumbar lordosis.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2006; 87: 504-509https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2005.11.031
- Women with SUI demonstrate motor control differences during voluntary pelvic floor muscle contractions.Int. Urogynecol. J. Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2009; 20: 447-459https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-008-0800-y
- Relationship between transversus abdominis muscle thickness and urinary incontinence in females at 2 months postpartum.J. Phys. Ther. Sci. 2019; 31: 108-111https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.31.108
- Endurance times for low back stabilization exercises: clinical targets for testing and training from a normal database.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 1999; 80: 941-944https://doi.org/10.1016/s0003-9993(99)90087-4
- Standardisation of spirometry.Eur. Respir. J. 2005; 26: 319-338https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.05.00034805
- Nocturnal enuresis-theoretic background and practical guidelines.Pediatr. Nephrol. 2011; 26: 1207-1214https://doi.org/10.1007/s00467-011-1762-8
- The stabilizing system of the spine. Part I. function, dysfunction, adaptation, and enhancement.J. Spinal Disord. 1992; 5: 383-389https://doi.org/10.1097/00002517-199212000-00001
- Children with nocturnal enuresis have posture and balance disorders.J. Pediatr. Urol. 2016; 12: 216.e1-216.e6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpurol.2016.05.003
- Therapeutic Exercise for Spinal Segmental Stabilization in Low Back Pain.Churchill Livingstone London, 1999
- Assessments of lumbar flexion range of motion: intertester reliability and concurrent validity of 2 commonly used clinical tests.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2014; 39: E270-E275https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000000131
- Pelvic floor muscle activity in different sitting postures in continent and incontinent women.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1741-1747https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2008.01.029
- The effect of short-term Swiss ball training on core stability and running economy.J. Strength Cond. Res. 2004; 18: 522-528https://doi.org/10.1519/1533-4287(2004)18<522:TEOSSB>2.0.CO;2
- Current perspectives on the correlation of nocturnal enuresis with obstructive sleep apnea in children.World J. Pediatr. 2019; 15: 109-116https://doi.org/10.1007/s12519-018-0199-6
- Relationship of spinal curvature, mobility, and low back pain in women with and without urinary incontinence.Turk. J. Med. Sci. 2017; 47: 1257-1262https://doi.org/10.3906/sag-1609-67
- Neuromotor development in nocturnal enuresis.Dev. Med. Child Neurol. 2006; 48: 744-750https://doi.org/10.1017/S0012162206001599
- Practical consensus guidelines for the management of enuresis.Eur. J. Pediatr. 2012; 171: 971-983https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-012-1687-7
- Nocturnal enuresis in children with upper airway obstruction.Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 1991; 105: 427-432https://doi.org/10.1177/019459989110500314
- Autonomic nervous system functions in children with nocturnal enuresis.Brain Dev. 1997; 19: 485-487https://doi.org/10.1016/S0387-7604(97)00069-7