- •The rectus femoris thickness ratio decreased from 1 to 3 years of age.
- •The vastus medialis thickness ratio increased from 2 to 3 years of age.
- •Subcutaneous fat thickness increased intercondylar distance at age 3.
- •Subcutaneous fat thickness decreased vastus medialis thickness ratio at age 3.
- •These relationships should be investigated in each generation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- What are the prognostic factors for radiographic progression of knee osteoarthritis? A meta-analysis.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2015; 473: 2969-2989https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-015-4349-z
- Association between valgus and varus alignment and the development and progression of radiographic osteoarthritis of the knee.Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 56: 1204-1211https://doi.org/10.1002/art.22515
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.Second edition. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, N.J1988
- Clinical measurement of angular profile of the knee and correlation with intermalleolar distance in children in Enugu metropolis.Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 2020; 23: 7-11https://doi.org/10.4103/njcp.njcp_175_19
- Clinimetric properties of the performance-oriented mobility assessment.Phys. Ther. 2006; 86: 944-954
- A roentgenographical study on chronological changes in genu varum and valgum in children (author's transl).Nihon Seikeigeka Gakkai Zasshi. 1981; 55: 31-43
- The Research Manual: Design and Statistics for Applied Linguistics.Heinle & Heinle, Boston1991
- Normal limits of knee angle in white children--genu varum and genu valgum.J. Pediatr. Orthop. 1993; 13: 259-262
- The varus alignment and morphologic alterations of proximal tibia affect the onset of medial knee osteoarthritis in rural Japanese women: case control study from the longitudinal evaluation of Matsudai knee osteoarthritis survey.J. Orthop. Sci. 2016; 21: 166-171https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jos.2015.12.002
- Anatomic variations between Japanese and Caucasian populations in the healthy young adult knee joint.J. Orthop. Res. 2009; 27: 1191-1196https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.20858
- Mathematical model of the longitudinal growth of long bones.Anat. Anz. 1985; 158: 377-393
- Normal values of knee angle, intercondylar and intermalleolar distances in Nigerian children.West Afr. J. Med. 2003; 22: 301-304https://doi.org/10.4314/wajm.v22i4.28051
- Lower limb alignment in children: reference values based on a full-length standing radiograph.J. Pediatr. Orthop. 2008; 28: 740-746https://doi.org/10.1097/BPO.0b013e318186eb79
- Interaction between active and passive knee stabilizers during level walking.J. Orthop. Res. 1991; 9: 113-119https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.1100090114
- Influence of knee alignment on quadriceps cross-sectional area.J. Biomech. 2009; 42: 2313-2317https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2009.06.022
- Ethnic-, gender-, and age-related differences in femorotibial angle, femoral antetorsion, and tibiofibular torsion: cross-sectional study among healthy Japanese and Australian Caucasians.Clin. Anat. 2006; 19: 59-67https://doi.org/10.1002/ca.20170
- Reproducibility and minimal detectable change of three-dimensional kinematic analysis of reaching tasks in people with hemiparesis after stroke.Phys. Ther. 2008; 88: 652-663https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20070255
- Increase in vastus medialis cross-sectional area is associated with reduced pain, cartilage loss, and joint replacement risk in knee osteoarthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 2012; 64: 3917-3925https://doi.org/10.1002/art.34681
- Estimation of individual thigh muscle volumes from a single-slice muscle cross-sectional area and muscle thickness using magnetic resonance imaging in patients with knee osteoarthritis.J. Orthop. Surg. (Hong Kong). 2017; 2017 (2309499017743101)https://doi.org/10.1177/2309499017743101
- Characteristics of individual thigh muscles including cross-sectional area and adipose tissue content measured by magnetic resonance imaging in knee osteoarthritis: a cross-sectional study.Rheumatol. Int. 2019; 39: 679-687https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-019-04247-2
- Development of tibiofemoral angle in Korean children.J. Korean Med. Sci. 2008; 23: 714-717https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2008.23.4.714