- •Osteophyte resection width correlates with medial gap change.
- •Medial osteophyte resection increases the medial gap without lateral gap increase.
- •Medial osteophyte resection decreases joint varus angles in total knee arthroplasty.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intraoperative medial joint laxity in flexion decreases patient satisfaction after total knee arthroplasty.Arch. Orthop. Trauma Surg. 2018; 138: 1143-1150
- The influence of coronal plane deformity on mediolateral ligament status: an observational study in varus knees.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc.: Off. J. ESSKA. 2010; 18: 152-156
- Interpreting change scores of tests and measures used in physical therapy.Phys. Ther. 2006; 86: 735-743
- The implications of mechanical alignment on soft tissue balancing in total knee arthroplasty.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc.: Off. J. ESSKA. 2015; 23: 3632-3636
- Outcome in total knee arthroplasty with a medial-lateral balanced versus unbalanced gap.J. Orthopaed. Surg. (Hong Kong). 2016; 24: 298-301
- Relationship between outcome scores and knee laxity following total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review.Acta Orthop. 2019; 90: 46-52
- Medial over-resection of the tibia in total knee arthroplasty for varus deformity using computer navigation.J. Arthroplast. 2015; 30: 766-769
- Control of frontal plane knee laxity during gait in patients with medial compartment knee osteoarthritis.Osteoarthr. Cartil. 2004; 12: 745-751
- Joint gap kinematics in posterior-stabilized total knee arthroplasty measured by a new tensor with the navigation system.J. Biomech. Eng. 2006; 128: 867-871
- Are varus knees contracted? Reconciling the literature.J. Orthopaed. Surg. (Hong Kong). 2017; 25 (2309499017731445)
- Soft-tissue balancing during total knee arthroplasty in the varus knee.J. Am. Acad. Orthopaed. Surg. 2009; 17: 766-774
- Can isolated removal of osteophytes achieve correction of varus deformity and gap-balance in computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty?.Bone Joint J. 2020; 102-b: 49-58
- Correction of varus deformity during TKA with reduction osteotomy.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2014; 472: 126-132
- Soft tissue balance changes depending on joint distraction force in total knee arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2014; 29: 520-524
- Intraoperative soft tissue balance using novel medial preserving gap technique in posterior-stabilized total knee arthroplasty: comparison to measured resection technique.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc.: Off. J. ESSKA. 2018; 26: 3474-3481
- Effects of reduction osteotomy on gap balancing during total knee arthroplasty for severe varus deformity.J. Arthroplast. 2015; 30: 2116-2120
- Correction of Varus alignment with peripheral osteophyte removal during Total knee arthroplasty: an assessment with computer navigation.J. Knee Surg. 2021; (Online ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0041-1731737
- The effect of flexion balance on functional outcomes in cruciate-retaining total knee arthroplasty.Arch. Orthop. Trauma Surg. 2015; 135: 401-406
- The effect of marginal osteophytes on reduction of varus-valgus instability in osteoarthritic knees.Arthritis Rheum. 1990; 33: 853-858
- Effect of medial collateral ligament release and osteophyte resection on medial laxity in total knee arthroplasty.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc.: Off. J. ESSKA. 2021; 29: 3418-3425
- Investigation of association between the preoperative intra-articular anesthetic test and persistent pain after total knee arthroplasty.J. Orthopaed. Sci.: Off. J. Jpn. Orthopaed. Assoc. 2020; 6: 1055-1060
- Laxity profiles in the native and replaced knee-application to robotic-assisted gap-balancing Total knee arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2018; 33: 3043-3048
- Comparison of intraoperative soft tissue balance measurement between two tensor systems in total knee arthroplasty.Knee. 2020; 27: 1071-1077
- Intraoperative physiological lateral laxity in extension and flexion for varus knees did not affect short-term clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc.: Off. J. ESSKA. 2020; 28: 3888-3898
- What should the surgeon aim for when performing computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty?.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2005; 87: 52-58
- Soft tissue balancing in varus total knee arthroplasty: an algorithmic approach.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc.: Off. J. ESSKA. 2009; 17: 660-666
- When to use agreement versus reliability measures.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 2006; 59: 1033-1039
- Improved total knee arthroplasty pain outcome when joint gap targets are achieved throughout flexion.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc.: Off. J. ESSKA. 2021; 30: 939-947
- What is a balanced knee replacement?.EFORT Open Rev. 2018; 3: 614-619
- Intraoperative joint gaps affect postoperative range of motion in TKAs with posterior-stabilized prostheses.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2013; 471: 1326-1333
- Step-by-step measurements of soft tissue balancing during total knee arthroplasty for patients with varus knees.J. Arthroplast. 2003; 18: 313-320