- •Disturbed movement patterns can be observed in patients with sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
- •Patients have a slower walking speed with longer double support phase.
- •Patients lack balance during a single leg stance.
- •Patients have a slower sit-to-stance transition time.
- •Movement analysis may allow us to evaluate the effect of different therapies.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence of four syndromes of pregnancy-related pelvic joint pain.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002; 27: 2831-2834https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200212150-00020
- The influence of low back pain on muscle activity and coordination during gait: a clinical and experimental study.Pain. 1996; 64: 231-240https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(95)00115-8
- Is standing balance altered in individuals with chronic low back pain? A systematic review.Disabil. Rehabil. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2018.1433240
- Recognizing specific characteristics of nonspecific low back pain.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1987; https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-198704000-00029
- Sway ratio - a new measure for quantifying postural stability.Acta Neurobiol. Exp. (Wars). 2008; 68: 51-57
- Patients with sacroiliac joint dysfunction exhibit altered movement strategies when performing a sit-to-stand task.Spine J. 2018; 18: 1434-1440https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2018.03.008
- Sacroiliac joint pain: burden of disease.Med. Devices Evid. Res. 2014; https://doi.org/10.2147/MDER.S59437
- Quality of life in preoperative patients with sacroiliac joint dysfunction is at least as depressed as in other lumbar spinal conditions.Med. Devices (Auckl). 2015; 8: 395-403https://doi.org/10.2147/MDER.S92070
- Sagittal sacropelvic morphology and balance in patients with sacroiliac joint pain following lumbar fusion surgery.J. Korean Neurosurg. Soc. 2013; https://doi.org/10.3340/jkns.2013.54.3.201
- Sacroiliac joint pain: a comprehensive review of anatomy, diagnosis, and treatment.Anesth. Analg. 2005; 101https://journals.lww.com/anesthesia-analgesia/Fulltext/2005/11000/Sacroiliac_Joint_Pain__A_Comprehensive_Review_of.32.aspx
- A review of the evolution of vision-based motion analysis and the integration of advanced computer vision methods towards developing a Markerless system.Sport Med. - Open. 2018; 4: 24https://doi.org/10.1186/s40798-018-0139-y
- Does the Gillet test assess sacroiliac motion or asymmetric one-legged stance strategies?.J. Can. Chiropr. Assoc. 2018; 62: 85-97
- The STROBE guidelines.Saudi J Anaesth. 2019; 13: S31-S34https://doi.org/10.4103/sja.SJA_543_18
- Contribution of hip joint proprioception to static and dynamic balance in cerebral palsy: a case control study.J. Neuroeng. Rehabil. 2013; 10: 57https://doi.org/10.1186/1743-0003-10-57
- The effect of relaxin on the musculoskeletal system.Scand. J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2014; 24: e220-e229https://doi.org/10.1111/sms.12149
- Sacroiliac Joint Injury.2022
- Sacroiliac joint hypermobility biomechanics and what it means for health care providers and patients.PM R. 2019; 11: S32-S39https://doi.org/10.1002/pmrj.12176
- Sacroiliac joint and pelvic dysfunction due to Symphysiolysis in postpartum women.Cureus. 2021; 13: e18619https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.18619
- Trunk sway measures of postural stability during clinical balance tests: effects of age.J. Gerontol. A Biol. Sci. Med. Sci. 2001; 56: M438-M447https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/56.7.m438
- First-order statistics of human stabilogram.Hum. Mov. Sci. 2001; 20: 853-866https://doi.org/10.1016/s0167-9457(01)00054-9
- Biomechanical factors in osteoarthritis.Best Pract. Res. Clin. Rheumatol. 2011; 25: 815-823https://doi.org/10.1016/j.berh.2011.11.013
Hermans SMM, Droeghaag R, Schotanus MGM, van Santbrink H, van Hemert WLW, Curfs I. Minimally invasive sacroiliac joint fusion versus conservative management in patients with sacroiliac joint dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int. J. Spine Surg.
- Interaction between pain, movement, and physical activity: short-term benefits, long-term consequences, and targets for treatment.Clin. J. Pain. 2015; 31: 97-107https://doi.org/10.1097/AJP.0000000000000098
- Gait adaptations in low back pain patients with lumbar disc herniation: trunk coordination and arm swing.Eur. Spine J. 2011; 20: 491-499https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-010-1639-8
- One-leg stance in healthy young and elderly adults: a measure of postural steadiness?.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2004; 19: 688-694https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2004.04.002
- Dominant side in single-leg stance stability during floor oscillations at various frequencies.J. Physiol. Anthropol. 2014; 33: 25https://doi.org/10.1186/1880-6805-33-25
- Loading of the knee joint during activities of daily living measured in vivo in five subjects.J. Biomech. 2010; 43: 2164-2173https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2010.03.046
- Minimally invasive sacroiliac joint fusion: the current evidence.Int. J. Spine Surg. 2020; https://doi.org/10.14444/6072
- Postural sway approaches center of mass stability limits in Parkinson’s disease.Mov. Disord. 2011; 26: 637-643https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.23547
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain.in: StatPearls [Internet]. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island (FL)2022 Jan (2021)
- Physical characteristics of women with severe pelvic girdle pain after pregnancy: a descriptive cohort study.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: E145-E151https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e3181657f03
- Correlation analysis of extensive foraminotomy of lumbar foramina stenosis patients to improvement of visual analogue scale (VAS) and Oswestry Disabilty index (ODI).Open Access J. Neurol. Neurosurg. 2018; https://doi.org/10.19080/OAJNN.2018.08.555745
- How often is low back pain not coming from the back?.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009; https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e31818b8882
- HumanEva: synchronized video and motion capture dataset and baseline algorithm for evaluation of articulated human motion.Int. J. Comput. Vis. 2009; 87: 4https://doi.org/10.1007/s11263-009-0273-6
- People with chronic low back pain have poorer balance than controls in challenging tasks.Disabil. Rehabil. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2017.1294627
- Gait partitioning methods: A systematic review.Sensors (Basel). 2016; 16https://doi.org/10.3390/s16010066
- Diagnosing sacroiliac joint pain.J. Am. Acad. Orthop. Surg. 2019; https://doi.org/10.5435/JAAOS-D-17-00132
- Dutch tariff for the five-level version of EQ-5D.Value Heal. J. Int. Soc. Pharmacoecon. Outcomes Res. 2016; 19: 343-352https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2016.01.003
- Plug In Gait Model.
- Plug-In Gait Marker Placement.