- •Professionals assess swallowing function in detail in patients with dysphagia.
- •Submental muscles and hyoid movement function are impaired in patients.
- •There is a loss of synergy between the submental muscles and hyoid movement.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Novel feature modelling the prediction and detection of sEMG muscle fatigue towards an automated wearable system [J].Sensors (Basel). 2010; 10: 4838-4854
- Supraglottic and pharyngeal sensory abnormalities in stroke patients with dysphagia [J].Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 1996; 105: 92-97
- Surface electromyographic characteristics of swallowing in dysphagia secondary to brainstem stroke [J].Dysphagia. 1997; 12: 180-187
- Biomechanical correlates of surface electromyography signals obtained during swallowing by healthy adults [J].J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2006; 49: 186-193
- Lingual discoordination and dysphagia following acute stroke: analyses of lesion localization [J].Dysphagia. 1999; 14: 85-92
- Effect of swallowed bolus variables on oral and pharyngeal phases of swallowing [J].Am. J. Phys. 1990; 258: G675-G681
- Surface electromyographic and electroglottographic studies in normal subjects under two swallow conditions: normal and during the Mendelsohn manuever [J].Dysphagia. 2002; 17: 1-12
- Effectiveness of therapy on post-Extubation dysphagia: clinical and Electromyographic findings [J].Clinical Med. Insights Ear Nose Throat. 2019; 121179550619873364
- Neurophysiology of swallowing [J].Clin. Neurophysiol. 2003; 114: 2226-2244
- A review of the relationship between dysphagia and malnutrition following stroke [J].J. Rehabil. Med. 2009; 41: 707-713
- Interventions for dysphagia and nutritional support in acute and subacute stroke [J].Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2012; 10: CD000323
- Evaluation of pharyngeal muscle activity through nasopharyngeal surface electromyography in a cohort of dysphagic patients with acute ischaemic stroke [J].Acta Otorhinolaryngol. Ital. 2016; 36: 295-299
- Disorders of the cricopharyngeus muscle [J].Otolaryngol. Clin. N. Am. 1984; 17: 115-130
- Evaluation of swallowing using 320-detector-row multislice CT. Part II: kinematic analysis of laryngeal closure during normal swallowing [J].Dysphagia. 2011; 26: 209-217
- Hyoid motion during swallowing: factors affecting forward and upward displacement [J].Dysphagia. 2002; 17: 262-272
- Upper esophageal sphincter opening and modulation during swallowing [J].Gastroenterology. 1989; 97: 1469-1478
- Predictors and outcomes of dysphagia screening after acute ischemic stroke [J].Stroke. 2017; 48: 900-906
- Accommodation to changes in bolus viscosity in normal deglutition: a videofluoroscopic study [J].Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2001; 110: 1059-1065
- Submental muscle activity is delayed and shortened during swallowing following stroke [J].PM & R : J. Inj. Func. Rehab. 2015; 7: 938-945
- H.maximum hyoid displacement in normal swallowing [J].Dysphagia. 2008; 23: 274-279
- Coordination in oro-pharyngeal biomechanics during human swallowing [J].Physiol. Behav. 2015; 147: 300-305
- The pharyngeal contractile integral is a useful indicator of pharyngeal swallowing impairment [J].Neurogastroenterol. Motil. 2017; 29
- Effects of neuromuscular electrical stimulation combined with effortful swallowing on post-stroke oropharyngeal dysphagia: a randomised controlled trial [J].J. Oral Rehabil. 2016; 43: 426-434
- Structural analysis of muscles elevating the hyolaryngeal complex [J].Dysphagia. 2012; 27: 445-451
- Evaluating the structural properties of suprahyoid muscles and their potential for moving the hyoid [J].Dysphagia. 2011; 26: 345-351
- Measurement of hyoid and laryngeal displacement in video fluoroscopic swallowing studies: variability, reliability, and measurement error [J].Dysphagia. 2012; 27: 192-197
- The relationship between hyoid and laryngeal displacement and swallowing impairment [J].Clin. Otolaryngol. 2011; 36: 30-36
- Dysphagia in the elderly: management and nutritional considerations [J].Clin. Interv. Aging. 2012; 7: 287-298
- Standardization of surface electromyography utilized to evaluate patients with dysphagia [J].Head Face Med. 2007; 3: 26
- Surface electromyography of continuous drinking in healthy adults [J].Laryngoscope. 2005; 115: 68-73
- The use of surface electromyography in dysphagia evaluation [J].Technol. Health Care. 2017; 25: 1025-1028