- •Thumb ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction with tendon graft is a common procedure.
- •Internal brace reinforcement can increase the strength of the reconstruction.
- •Modern anchor materials allow stable fixation of the graft.
- •Swivelock anchors provide similar strength to interference screws.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A new technique for reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament of the thumb.Am. J. Sports Med. 2007; 35: 1321-1325
- The effect of thumb metacarpophalangeal ulnar collateral ligament attachment site on joint range of motion: an in vitro study.J. Hand. Surg. Am. 1999; 24: 283-287
- Thumb metacarpophalangeal ulnar and radial collateral ligament injuries.Clin. Sports Med. 2020; 39: 443-455
- Repair of the thumb ulnar collateral ligament with suture tape augmentation.Tech. Hand Up Extrem. Surg. 2017; 21: 164-166
- Biomechanical comparison of ulnar collateral ligament repair with internal bracing versus modified jobe reconstruction.Am. J. Sports Med. 2016; 44: 735-741
- Assessment of rotational instability with disruption of the accessory collateral ligament of the thumb MCP joint: a biomechanical study.Hand. 2008; 3: 224-228
- Bone-tendon ligamentoplasty for chronic ulnar instability of the thumb metacarpophalangeal joint: an anatomic reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament.Tech. Hand Up Extrem. Surg. 2001; 5: 8-13
- Collateral ligament reconstruction of the chronic thumb injury with bio-tenodesis screw fixation.Tech. Hand Up Extrem. Surg. 2014; 18: 160-164
- Single-bundle vs double-bundle (anatomical) reconstruction of the thumb ulnar collateral ligament: biomechanical study.Hand. 2019; 14: 483-486
- Restoration of ulnar collateral ligament stability of the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb.Oper. Orthop. Traumatol. 2015; 27 (Article in German): 380-393
- Kinematics of thumb ulnar collateral ligament repair with suture tape augmentation.J. Hand. Surg. [Am.]. 2020; 45: 117-122
- Anatomic reconstruction of thumb metacarpophalangeal joint ulnar collateral ligament using an interference screw docking technique.Tech. Hand Up Extrem. Surg. 2009; 13: 7-10
- Anatomic double-bundle reconstruction with free tendon graft for chronic ulnar instability of the thumb metacarpophalangeal joint.Tech. Hand Up Extrem. Surg. 2014; 18: 146-152
- Suture tape augmentation of the thumb ulnar collateral ligament repair: a biomechanical study.J. Hand. Surg. [Am.]. 2018; 43: 868.e1-868.e6
- Independent suture tape internal brace reinforcement of bone-patellar tendon-bone allografts: biomechanical assessment in a full-ACL reconstruction laboratory model.J. Knee Surg. 2020; 33: 1047-1054
- In vivo assessment of high-molecular-weight polyethylene core suture tape for intra-articular ligament reconstruction: an animal study.Bone Joint J. 2019; 101-B: 1238-1247