- •Femoral offset and stem anteversion substantially affects flexion and internal rotation.
- •Increased femoral offset can also increase the range of motion of external rotation.
- •Increased stem anteversion has a negative effect on the range of motion of external rotation.
- •Femoral offset and stem anteversion are not independent but mutually confounding to the ROM (Read-Only Memory).
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical results of hemiarthroplasty using new bipolar cups for stage 3 or lower osteonecrosis of the femoral head: a retrospective study.Musculoskelet. Surg. 2018; 102: 241-246
- The effect of femoral component head size on posterior dislocation of the artificial hip joint.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2000; 82: 1300-1307
- Dislocation of hemiarthroplasty after femoral neck fracture: better outcome after the anterolateral approach in a prospective cohort study on 739 consecutive hips.Acta Orthop. 2008; 79: 211-217
- Unipolar versus bipolar Exeter hip hemiarthroplasty: a prospective cohort study on 830 consecutive hips in patients with femoral neck fractures.Int. Orthop. 2012; 36: 711-717
- Patient-specific musculoskeletal modeling of the hip joint for preoperative planning of total hip arthroplasty: a validation study based on in vivo measurements.PLoS One. 2018 Apr 12; 13e0195376
- Hemiarthroplasty or internal fixation for intracapsular displaced femoral neck fractures: randomised controlled trial.BMJ. 2007; 335: 1251-1254
- Dissociation of bipolar hemiarthroplasty of the hip after dislocation. A report of five different cases and review of literature.Injury. 2006; 37: 162-168
- Precision and accuracy of pre-surgical planning of non-cemented total hip replacement with calibrated digital images and acetates.J. Orthop. Surg. Res. 2021 Jul 3; 16: 431
- Long-term survivorship of cemented bipolar hemiarthroplasty for fracture of the femoral neck.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2002; 403: 118-126
- Cemented hemiarthroplasty or hip replacement for intracapsular neck of femur fracture? A comparison of 7732 matched patients using national data.Injury. 2013; 44: 1940-1944
- Risk factors associated with dislocation after bipolar hemiarthroplasty in elderly patients with femoral neck fracture.Hip Pelvis. 2016; 28: 104-111
- Factors affecting dislocation after bipolar hemiarthroplasty in patients with femoral neck fracture.Injury. 2020; 51: 663-669
- Total hip arthroplasty for the treatment of an acute fracture of the femoral neck: long-term results.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1998; 80: 70-75
- What are the risk factors for dislocation of hip bipolar hemiarthroplasty through the anterolateral approach? A nested case-control study.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2016; 474: 2622-2629
- Dislocation of hip hemiarthroplasty following posterolateral surgical approach: a nested case-control study.Int. Orthop. 2012; 36: 935-940
- Evaluation of bipolar hemiarthroplasty for the treatment of steroid-induced osteonecrosis of the femoral head.Int. Orthop. 2012; 36: 2041-2047
- Factors predisposing to dislocation of the Thompson hemiarthroplasty: 22 dislocations in 338 patients.Acta Orthop. Scand. 2003; 74: 45-48
- Bipolary hip arthroplasty as a salvage treatment for instability of the hip.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2000; 82: 1132-1139
- From evidence to application: AAOS clinical practice guideline on management of hip fractures in the elderly.J. Orthop. Trauma. 2015; 29: 119-120
- Posterior approach and uncemented stems increases the risk of reoperation after hemiarthroplasties in elderly hip fracture patients.Acta Orthop. 2014; 85: 18-25
- MyHip: supporting planning and surgical guidance for a better total hip arthroplasty.Int. J. Comput. Assist. Radiol. Surg. 2015 Oct, 10; 10: 1547-1556
- Bony impingement depends on the bone morphology of the hip after total hip arthroplasty.Int. Orthop. 2013; 37: 1897-1903
- Low femoral antetorsion as a risk factor for bony impingement after bipolar hemiarthroplasty.J. Orthop. Surg. Res. 2015; 10: 105
- Factors affecting the potential for posterior bony impingement after total hip arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99–B: 1140-1146
- Factors affecting impingement and dislocation after total hip arthroplasty - computer simulation analysis.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2020; 80105151
- Dislocation of bipolar hemiarthroplasty: rate, contributing factors, and outcome.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2006; 442: 230-238
- Surgical approaches and hemiarthroplasty outcomes for femoral neck fractures: a meta-analysis.J. Arthroplast. 2018; 33: 1617-1627.e9
- Thompson hemiarthroplasty versus modular unipolar implants for patients requiring hemiarthroplasty of the hip: a systematic review of the evidence.Bone Joint Res. 2017; 6: 506-513
- Diagnostic criteria for non-traumatic osteonecrosis of the femoral head: a multicenter study.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1999; 81: 590-595
- The 2001 revised criteria for diagnosis, classification, and staging of idiopathic osteonecrosis of the femoral head.J. Orthop. Sci. 2002; 7: 601-605
- ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate system of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion-part I: ankle, hip, and spine.J. Biomech. 2002; 35: 543-548https://doi.org/10.1016/s0021-9290(01)00222-6