- •Elasticity of paraspinal fascia and muscle is assessed in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
- •Elasticity of the concave muscle increases after posterior fusion surgery.
- •Variation of elastic asymmetry after surgery is different in each part of curve.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pathogenesis of progressive adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Platelet activation and vascular biology in immature vertebrae: an alternative molecular hypothesis.Acta Orthop. Belg. 2006; 72: 247-260
- Dynamic changes of elasticity, cross-sectional area, and fat infiltration of multifidus at different postures in men with chronic low back pain.Spine J. 2012; 12: 381-388
- Musculoskeletal modeling of muscle activation and applied external forces for the correction of scoliosis.J. Neuroeng. Rehabil. 2014; 11: 52
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: the tethered spine III: is fascial spiral the key?.J. Bodyw. Mov. Ther. 2017; 21: 948-971
- Muscle imbalance in the aetiology of scoliosis.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1976; 58: 200-201
- Long-term influence of paraspinal muscle quantity in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis following deformity correction by posterior approach.J. Clin. Med. 2021; 10: 4790
- Prevalence and predictors of pain in surgical treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011; 36: 825-829
- Patients' perception and satisfaction on neck and shoulder imbalance in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Global Spine J. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1177/21925682211007795
- Intrarater reliability of shear wave elastography for the quantification of lateral abdominal muscle elasticity in idiopathic scoliosis patient.J. Manipulative Physiol. Ther. 2020; 43: 303-310
- Effects of myofascial release or self-myofascial release and control position exercises on lower back pain in idiopathic scoliosis: a systematic review.J. Bodyw. Mov. Ther. 2021; 27: 16-25
- Assessment of paraspinal muscle hardness in subjects with a mild single scoliosis curve: a preliminary myotonometer study.J. Manipulative Physiol. Ther. 2014; 37: 326-333
- Patient evaluation in idiopathic scoliosis: radiographic assessment, trunk deformity and back asymmetry.Physiother. Theory Pract. 2011; 27: 7-25
- Posterior spinal fusion for adolescent idiopathic thoracolumbar/lumbar scoliosis: clinical outcomes and predictive radiological factors for extension of fusion distal to caudal end vertebra.Bone Joint J. 2014; 96-B(8): 1082-1089
- What is the impact of scoliotic correction on postoperative shoulder imbalance in severe and rigid scoliosis?.BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2021; 22: 868
- Mechanical effects on skeletal growth.J. Musculoskelet. Neuronal Interact. 2002; 2: 277-280
- Lumbar adding-on of the thoracic spine after selective fusion in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis Lenke types 1 and 2 patients: a critical appraisal.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2021; 46: E167-E173
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis patients report increased pain at five years compared with two years after surgical treatment.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: 1107-1112
- Histochemical analysis of paraspinal rotator muscles from patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a cross-sectional study.Medicine. 2015; 94e598
- Chronic low back pain in older adults: prevalence, reliability, and validity of physical examination findings.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 2006; 54: 11-20
- Influence of varying muscle forces on lumbar intradiscal pressure: an in vitro study.J. Biomech. 1996; 29: 549-555
- Paraspinal muscle activities of patients with scoliosis after spine fusion: an electromyographic study.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002; 27: 1180-1185
- Pathogenesis of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.JBJS Rev. 2014; 2e4
- The paravertebral muscle and psoas for the maintenance of global spinal alignment in patient with degenerative lumbar scoliosis.Spine J.: Off. J. North Am. Spine Soc. 2016; 16: 451-458
- Prevalence, risk factors, and characteristics of the “adding-on” phenomenon in idiopathic scoliosis after correction surgery: a systematic review and Meta-analysis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018; 43: 780-790
- Asymmetric biomechanical characteristics of the paravertebral muscle in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Clin. Biomech. 2019; 65: 81-86