- •The Vlastic device is used to measure the Young’s modulus of a material composed of two layers.
- •This study uses this device to obtain in vivo in situ Young’s modulus of skin and fibroglandular breast tissue in volunteers.
- •The results obtained will allow a study on a larger number of volunteers.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- An automated computational biomechanics workflow for improving breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.Interface Focus. 2019; 9: 20190034
- Breast magnetic resonance elastography: a review of clinical work and future perspectives.NMR Biomed. 2018; 31e3932
- Modelling mammographic compression of the breast.in: International conference on medical image computing and computer-assisted intervention. Springer, 2008: 758-765
- Bi-layer stiffness identification of soft tissues by aspiration (https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-03718672).Exp. Mech. 2022;
- Comparison of different material models to simulate 3-d breast deformations using finite element analysis.Ann. Biomed. Eng. 2014; 42: 843-857
- Disposable system for in-vivo mechanical characterization of soft tissues based on volume measurement.J. Mech. Med. Biol. 2018; 18: 1850037
- In-vivo soft tissues mechanical characterization: volume-based aspiration method validated on silicones.Exp. Mech. 2019; 59: 251-261
- Mechanics of the normal woman’s breast.Technology and Health Care. 2007; 15 (4, In press): 259-271https://doi.org/10.3233/THC-2007-15404
- Are in vivo and in situ brain tissues mechanically similar?.J. Biomech. 2004; 37: 1339-1352
- Biomechanical behaviour of human bile duct wall and impact of cadaveric preservation processes.J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. Mater. 2019; 98: 291-300
- A nonlinear biomechanical model based registration method for aligning prone and supine mr breast images.IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging. 2013; 33: 682-694
- The relative contributions of different skin layers to the mechanical behavior of human skin in vivo using suction experiments.Med. Eng. Phys. 2006; 28: 259-266
- In-vivo tongue stiffness measured by aspiration: Resting vs general anesthesia.J. Biomech. 2021; 114110147
- Effects of perfusion on the viscoelastic characteristics of liver.J. Biomech. 2006; 39: 2221-2231
- Menstrual-cycle dependence of breast parenchyma elasticity: estimation with magnetic resonance elastography of breast tissue during the menstrual cycle.Invest. Radiol. 2003; 38: 236-240
- Measurement of the hyperelastic properties of 44 pathological ex vivo breast tissue samples.Phys. Med. Biol. 2009; 54: 2557
- In vivo measurement of solid organ visco-elastic properties.Stud. Health Technol. Inform. 2002; : 328-333
- Creating individual-specific biomechanical models of the breast for medical image analysis.Acad. Radiol. 2008; 15: 1425-1436
- Impact of deformation on a supine-positioned image-guided breast surgery approach.Int. J. Comput. Assist. Radiol. Surg. 2021; 16: 2055-2066
- Viscoelastic shear properties of in vivo breast lesions measured by mr elastography.Magn. Reson. Imaging. 2005; 23: 159-165
- Position-based modeling of lesion displacement in ultrasound-guided breast biopsy.Int. J. Comput. Assist. Radiol. Surg. 2019; 14: 1329-1339
- The elasticity of a network of long-chain molecules—ii.Trans. Faraday Soc. 1943; 39: 241-246
- Multiscale mechano-biological finite element modelling of oncoplastic breast surgery—numerical study towards surgical planning and cosmetic outcome prediction.PloS one. 2016; 11e0159766
- Three-dimensional image-based mechanical modeling for predicting the response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant therapy.Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng. 2017; 314: 494-512
- Magnetic resonance elastography of the breast: correlation of signal intensity data with viscoelastic properties.Invest. Radiol. 2005; 40: 412-420