- •The injury process of the intervertebral disc was investigated.
- •The injury first appeared at the posterior center, and then gradually expanded along the edge.
- •The mechanical response of the lumbar intervertebral disc was investigated.
- •The fluid movement in the intervertebral disc was studied.
- •The damage rate increased logarithmically with an increase in loading steps.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The effect of removing the lateral part of the pars interarticularis on stress distribution at the neural arch in lumbar foraminal microdecompression at L3-L4 and L4-L5: anatomic and finite element investigations [J].Spine. 2007; 32: 2462-2466
- Influence of lumbar spine rhythms and intra-abdominal pressure on spinal loads and trunk muscle forces during upper body inclination [J].Med. Eng. Phys. 2016; 38: 333-338
- Characterization of the frequency and muscle responses of the lumbar and thoracic spines of seated volunteers during sinusoidal whole body vibration [J].J. Biomech. Eng. 2014; 136101002
- Degenerative disc disease diagnosis from lumbar MR images using hybrid features [J].Vis. Comput. 2021; : 1-13
- The efficacy of lumbar traction in the management of patients with low back pain [J].Rheumatol. Int. 2003; 23: 82-86
- Intervertebral disc degeneration induced by long-segment in-situ immobilization: a macro, micro, and nanoscale analysis [J].BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2018; 19: 308-319
- Bony stress in the lumbar spine is associated with intervertebral disc degeneration and low back pain: a retrospective case–control MRI study of patients under 25 years of age [J].Eur. Spine J. 2019; 28: 2470-2477
- Presentation of an approach on determination of the natural frequency of human lumbar spine using dynamic finite element analysis [J].Appl. Bionics Biomech. 2019; 2019: 1-8
- Impact of material properties of intervertebral disc on dynamic response of the human lumbar spine to vertical vibration: a finite element sensitivity study [J].Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 2018; : 1-9
- Influence of anteroposterior shifting of trunk mass centroid on vibrational configuration of human spine [J].Comput. Biol. Med. 2008; 38: 146-151
- Vibration modes of injured spine at resonant frequencies under vertical vibration [J].Spine. 2009; 34: 682-688
- Immunolocalization of Keratan sulfate in rat spinal tissues using the Keratanase generated BKS-1(+) Neoepitope: correlation of expression patterns with the class II SLRPs, Lumican and Keratocan [J].Cells. 2020; 9
- Differential response to vibration of three forms of scoliosis during axial cyclic loading: a finite element study [J].BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2019; 20: 370-380
- Effects of degeneration on the elastic modulus distribution in the lumbar intervertebral disc [J].Spine. 1996; 21: 811-819
- Transmission of vertical whole body vibration to the human body [J].J. Bone Miner. Res. Off. J. Am. Soc. Bone Miner. Res. 2008; 23: 1318-1325
- Biomechanical analysis of lumbar decompression surgery in relation to degenerative changes in the lumbar spine-validated finite element analysis [J].Comput. Biol. Med. 2017; 89: 512-519
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in intervertebral disc degeneration: from pathogenesis to therapeutic target [J].Oxidative Med. Cell. Longev. 2020; 2020: 1-13
- Poro-elastic finite element model to predict the failure progression in a lumbar disc due to cyclic loading [J].Comput. Struct. 2007; 85: 1142-1151
- Hybrid multidirectional test method to evaluate spinal adjacent-level effects [J].Clin. Biomech. 2007; 22: 257-265
- Biomechanical analysis of two-step traction therapy in the lumbar spine[J].Man. Ther. 2014; 19: 527-533
- Initiation and progression of mechanical damage in the intervertebral disc under cyclic loading using continuum damage mechanics methodology: a finite element study [J].J. Biomech. 2012; 45: 1934-1940
- Biomechanical evaluation of transpedicular nucleotomy with intact annulus fibrosus [J].Spine. 2017; 42: 193-201
- The association between lumbar disc degeneration and low back pain- the influence of age, gender, and individual radiographic features [J].Spine. 2010; 35: 531-536
- Biomechanical evaluation of anterior lumbar interbody fusion with various fixation options: finite element analysis of static and vibration conditions [J].Clin. Biomech. 2021; 84105339
- Biomechanical analysis of lumbar fusion with proximal interspinous process device implantation [J].Int. J. Numer. Methods Biomed. Eng. 2021; 37 (e3498)
- Disc degeneration of young low back pain patients: a prospective 30-year follow-up MRI study [J].Spine. 2020; 45: 1341-1347
- Evaluating thoracolumbar spine response during simulated underbody blast impact using a total human body finite element model [J].J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. Mater. 2019; 100103398
- Computation of coupled diffusion of oxygen, glucose and lactic acid in an intervertebral disc [J].J. Biomech. 2007; 40: 2645-2654
- Indenter head area and testing frequency effects on posteroanterior lumbar stiffness and subjects’ rated comfort [J].Man. Ther. 2001; 6: 40-47
- Finite element analysis of the influence of loading rate on a model of the full lumbar spine under dynamic loading conditions [J].Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 2012; 50: 903-915
- The biomechanical influence of anterior vertebral body osteophytes on the lumbar spine: a finite element study [J].Spine J. 2018; 18: 2288-2296
- Ability of the finite element models to predict response of the human spine to sinusoidal vertical vibration [J].Spine. 2003; 28: 1961-1967
- Biomechanical effects on the intermediate segment of noncontiguous hybrid surgery with cervical disc arthroplasty and anterior cervical discectomy and fusion: a finite element analysis [J].Spine J. 2019; 19: 1254-1263
- Is lumbar fusion necessary for chronic low back pain associated with degenerative disk disease? A meta-analysis [J].World Neurosurg. 2020; 146
- Effective modulus of the human intervertebral disc and its effect on vertebral bone stress [J].J. Biomech. 2016; : 1134-1140