- •Children with cerebral palsy received treatment intervention with Exopulse® suit.
- •Trunk acceleration was measured to investigate changes in underlying gait control.
- •24 weeks of electrical stimulation alters the nonlinear dynamics of treadmill gait.
- •The Lyapunov exponent and complexity was altered in the anterior-posterior direction.
- •Changes were in direction of observations made in healthy individuals.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effects of interventions with therapeutic suits (clothing) on impairments and functional limitations of children with cerebral palsy: a systematic review.Braz. J. Phys. Ther. 2017; 21: 307-320
- Motor control of the lower extremity musculature in children with cerebral palsy.Res. Dev. Disabil. 2013; 34: 1134-1143
- Complexity of human gait pattern at different ages assessed using multiscale entropy: from development to decline.Gait Posture. 2016; 47: 37-42
- Clinical use of neuromuscular electrical stimulation for children with cerebral palsy, Part 1: Lower extremity.Phys. Ther. 1993; 73: 505-527
- Clinical use of neuromuscular electrical stimulation for children with cerebral palsy, Part 2: Upper extremity.Phys. Ther. 1993; 73: 514-527
- Pharmacotherapy of spasticity in children with cerebral palsy.J. Formos. Med. Assoc. 2011; 110: 215-222
- Multiscale entropy analysis of complex physiologic time series.Phys. Rev. Lett. 2002; 89068102
- Multiscale entropy analysis of biological signals.Phys. Rev. E Stat. Nonlinear Soft Matter Phys. 2005; 71021906
- Kinematic variability and local dynamic stability of upper body motions when walking at different speeds.J. Biomech. 2006; 39: 444-452
- A pilot study of the impact of the electro suit Mollii® on body functions, activity and participation in children with Cerebral Palsy.Assist. Technol. 2021; (Published online: 29 Mar 2021)https://doi.org/10.1080/10400435.2020.1837288
- The effects of using an electrodress (Mollii®) to reduce spasticity and enhance functioning in children with cerebral palsy: a pilot study.Eur. J. Phys. 2020; : 1-10
- Effect of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation on spasticity in adults with stroke: a systematic review and Meta-analysis.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2019; 100: 751-768
- Surrogation.in: Stergiou N. Nonlinear Analysis for Human Movement Variability. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA2016
- Variability and Motor Control.Human Kinetics Publishers, 1993
- A pilot study of children and parents experiences of the use of a new assistive device, the electro suit Mollii.Assist. Technol. 2020 Sep 3; 33: 238-245https://doi.org/10.1080/10400435.2019.1579267
- The gait is less stable in children with cerebral palsy in normal and dual-task gait compared to typically developed peers.J. Biomech. Epub. 2021; 117 (PMID: 33493716): 110244
- Day-to-day reliability of nonlinear methods to assess walking dynamics.J. Biomech. Eng. 2018; 140https://doi.org/10.1115/1111.4041044
- Physiological time-series analysis using approximate entropy and sample entropy. American journal of physiology.Heart Circulat. Physiol. 2000; 278: H2039-H2049
- A report: the definition and classification of cerebral palsy April 2006.Dev. Med. Child Neurol. Suppl. 2007; 109: 8-14
- How many delay coordinates do you need?.Int. J. Bifurc. Chaos. 1993; 3: 737-744
- Embedology.J. Stat. Phys. 1991; 65: 579-616
- A gait abnormality measure based on root mean square of trunk acceleration.J. NeuroEng. Rehabilit. 2013; 10: 118
- Local dynamic stability during treadmill walking can detect children with developmental coordination disorder.Gait Post. Epub. 2018; 59 (PMID: 29028627): 99-103
- Nonlinear Analysis for Human Movement Variability.Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, Florida USA2016
- Human movement variability, nonlinear dynamics, and pathology: is there a connection?.Hum. Mov. Sci. 2011; 30: 869-888
- Optimal movement variability: a new theoretical perspective for neurologic physical therapy.J. Neurol. Phys. Ther. JNPT. 2006; 30: 120-129
- Detecting strange attractors in turbulence.in: Dynamical Systems and Turbulence, Lecture Notes in Mathematics. 898. 1981: 366-381
- Testing for nonlinearity in time series: the method of surrogate data.Phys. D. 1992; 58: 77-94
- Assessing gait stability: the influence of state space reconstruction on inter- and intra-day reliability of local dynamic stability during over-ground walking.J. Biomech. 2013; 46: 137-141
- Gait patterns in children with developmental coordination disorder.Exp. Brain Res. 2016; 234: 1747-1755
- Determining Lyapunov exponents from a time-series.Phys. D. 1985; 16: 285-317
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation for children with cerebral palsy: a review.Arch. Dis. Child. 2012; 97: 364-371
- State-space reconstruction.in: Stergiou N. Nonlinear Analysis for Human Movement Variability. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA2016: 55-82
- Entropy analysis in gait research: methodological considerations and recommendations.Ann. Biomed. Eng. 2021; (Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1007/s10439-020-02616-8