- •Altered foot mechanics exist in runners with plantar fasciitis.
- •Differences in mechanics were noted between current and resolved plantar fasciitis.
- •A lowered arch during running may cause or prolong plantar fasciitis symptoms.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Plantar fasciitis and the windlass mechanism: a biomechanical link to clinical practice.J. Athl. Train. 2004; 39: 77-82
- Arch height index measurement system: establishment of reliability and normative values.J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. 2008; 98: 102-106https://doi.org/10.7547/0980102
- Multi-segment foot kinematics and ground reaction forces during gait of individuals with plantar fasciitis.J. Biomech. 2014; 47: 2571-2577https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2014.06.003
- Reliability of a Multisegment Foot Model in Shod Running.([Unpublished masters thesis]) University of Nevada, Las Vegas2015
- Proximal and distal influences on hip and knee kinematics in runners with patellofemoral pain during a prolonged run.J. Ortho. Sports Phys. Ther. 2008; 38: 448-456https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2008.2490
- The mechanics of the foot. II. The plantar aponeurosis and the arch.J. Anat. 1953; 88: 25-31https://doi.org/10.1159/000141121
- The arch-height-index measurement system: a new method of foot classification.Athl. Ther. Today. 2006; 11: 56-57https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehq023
- Current concepts review: plantar fasciitis.Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29: 358-366
- Rear-foot, mid-foot and fore-foot motion during the stance phase of gait.Gait Posture. 2007; 25: 453-462https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2006.05.017
- What are the main running related musculoskeletal injuries? A systematic review.Sports Med. 2012; 42: 892-905https://doi.org/10.2165/11631170-000000000-00000
- Load analysis and sports injuries in the lower extremities.Sports Med. 1985; 2: 367-379https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-198502050-00005
- Plantar fasciitis in athletes: diagnostic and treatment strategies. A systematic review.Muscl. Ligam. Tend. J. 2017; 7: 107-118https://doi.org/10.11138/mltj/2017.7.1.107
- Biomechanical and anatomical factors associated with a history of plantar fasciitis in female runners.Clin. J. Sport Med. 2009; 19: 372-376
- Frontal plane multi-segment foot kinematics in high- and low-arched females during dynamic loading tasks.Human Mvmt. Sci. 2011; 30: 105-114https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2010.08.015
- Weekly running volume and risk of running-related injuries among marathon runners.Int. J. Sports Phys. Ther. 2013; 8: 111-120https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orthres.2003.12.011
- The effects of plantar fasciitis and pain on plantar pressure distribution of recreational runners.Clin. Biomech. 2011; 26: 194-199https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2010.08.004
- Rearfoot alignment and medial longitudinal arch configurations of runners with syptoms and histories of plantar fasciitis.Clinics. 2011; 66: 1027-1033https://doi.org/10.1590/S1807-59322011000600018
- Dynamic patterns of forces and loading rate in runners with unilateral plantar fasciitis: a cross-sectional study.PLoS One. 2015; 10: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0136971
- Risk factors associated with the development of plantar heel pain in athletes.Foot. 2001; 11: 119-125
- What are the main risk factors for running-related injuries?.Sports Med. 2014; 44: 1153-1163https://doi.org/10.1007/s40279-014-0194-6
- Epidemiology of ankle and foot overuse injuries in sports: a systematic review.Scand. J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2013; 23: 669-686https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0838.2012.01509.x
- A prospective study of running injuries: the Vancouver sun run “in training” clinics.Brit. J. Sports Med. 2003; 37: 239-244https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.37.3.239
- A retrospective case-control analysis of 2002 running injuries.Brit. J. Sports Med. 2002; 36: 95-102https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.36.2.95
- Comparison of three methods for computing loading rate during running.Int. J. Sports Med. 2016; 37: 1087-1090https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0042-107248
- Injuries in runners: a systematic review on risk factors and sex differences.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0114937https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0114937
- Incidence and determinants of lower extremity running injuries in long distance runners: a systematic review.Sport En Geneeskunde. 2007; 40: 16-29https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2006.033548
- Sagittal movement of the medial longitudinal arch is unchanged in plantar fasciitis.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2004; 36: 1761-1767https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000142297.10881.11
- The pathomechanics of plantar fasciitis.Sports Med. 2006; 36: 585-611https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200636070-00004
- The extensibility of the plantar fascia influences the windlass mechanism during human running.Proc. R. Soc. B Biol. Sci. 2021; 288https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2020.2095
- Running status and history: a self-report study.Phys. Ther. Sport. 2019; 39: 8-15https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ptsp.2019.06.003
- Measurements used to characterize the foot and the medial longitudinal arch: reliability and validity.Phys. Ther. 2000; 80: 864-871https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/80.9.864
- Arch structure and injury patterns in runners.Clin. Biomech. 2001; 16: 341-347https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(01)00005-5
- Pain scale for plantar fasciitis.Foot Ankle Online J. 2009; 2https://doi.org/10.3827/faoj.2009.0205.0003