- •Three motor patterns were identified: mild, proximal-distal and with trunk.
- •Pronation-supination and wrist extension were decisive for classification.
- •Clinical ratings of impairment and function differed for each motor pattern.
- •The largest pathological deviations were for supination and wrist extension.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Kinematic cluster analysis of the crouch gait pattern in children with spastic diplegic cerebral palsy using sparse K-means method.Clin. Biomech. 2021; 7
- ABILHAND-kids: a measure of manual ability in children with cerebral palsy.Neurology. 2004; 63: 1045-1052https://doi.org/10.1212/01.wnl.0000138423.77640.37
- Three-dimensional kinematics of the upper limb during a reach and grasp cycle for children.Gait Posture. 2010; 32: 72-77https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2010.03.011
- A new child-friendly 3D bimanual protocol to assess upper limb movement in children with unilateral cerebral palsy: development and validation.J. Electromyogr. Kinesiol. 2020; 55102481https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2020.102481
- The manual ability classification system (MACS) for children with cerebral palsy: scale development and evidence of validity and reliability.Dev. Med. Child Neurol. 2006; 48: 549-554https://doi.org/10.1017/S0012162206001162
- Assessment of bimanual performance in 3-D movement analysis: validation of a new clinical protocol in children with unilateral cerebral palsy.Ann. Phys. Rehabil. Med. 2020; 63: 408-415https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rehab.2019.06.008
- New least squares solutions for estimating the average centre of rotation and the axis of rotation.J. Biomech. 2002; 35: 87-93https://doi.org/10.1016/s0021-9290(01)00160-9
- Assessing bimanual performance in young children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy: a systematic review.Dev. Med. Child Neurol. 2010; 52: 413-421https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8749.2009.03561.x
- The arm profile score: a new summary index to assess upper limb movement pathology.Gait Posture. 2011; 34: 227-233https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2011.05.003
- Three-dimensional upper limb movement characteristics in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and typically developing children.Res. Dev. Disabil. 2011; 32: 2283-2294https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2011.07.038
Joshi KD, Nalwade PS. Modified K-Means for Better Initial Cluster Centres n.d.:1.
- Upper limb impairments and their impact on activity measures in children with unilateral cerebral palsy.Eur. J. Paediatr. Neurol. 2012; 16: 475-484https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpn.2011.12.008
- The assisting hand assessment: current evidence of validity, reliability, and responsiveness to change.Dev. Med. Child Neurol. 2007; 49: 259-264https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8749.2007.00259.x
- In vivo estimation of the glenohumeral joint centre by functional methods: accuracy and repeatability assessment.J. Biomech. 2010; 43: 370-374https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2009.09.029
- Clinical assessment and three-dimensional movement analysis: an integrated approach for upper limb evaluation in children with unilateral cerebral palsy.PLoS One. 2017; 12https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0180196
- La paralysie cérébrale de l'enfant: guide de la consultation. Examen neuro-orthopédique du tronc et des membres inférieurs.(C. Bérard et al., Sauramps Médical (2008). 265 pp., 1 DVD, ISBN : 978 2 84023 550 7. EM-Consulte n.d.)https://www.em-consulte.com/article/218727/article/la-paralysie-cerebrale-de-lenfant-guide-de-la-consDate accessed: May 8, 2021
- Reliability of Ashworth and modified Ashworth scales in children with spastic cerebral palsy.BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2008; 9: 44https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-9-44
- Reliability and validity of the Medical Research Council (MRC) scale and a modified scale for testing muscle strength in patients with radial palsy.J. Rehabil. Med. 2008; 40: 665-671https://doi.org/10.2340/16501977-0235
- Classification of upper limb disability levels of children with spastic unilateral cerebral palsy using K-means algorithm.Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 2018; 56: 49-59https://doi.org/10.1007/s11517-017-1678-y
- Kinematic parameters of hand movement during a disparate bimanual movement task in children with unilateral Cerebral Palsy.Hum. Mov. Sci. 2016; 46: 239-250https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2016.01.010
- Efficacy of upper limb therapies for unilateral cerebral palsy: a meta-analysis.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e175-e204https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-0675
- Patterns of upper limb muscle activation in children with unilateral spastic cerebral palsy: variability and detection of deviations.Clin. Biomech. 2018; 59: 85-93https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2018.09.005
- Review of therapeutic interventions for the upper limb classified by manual ability in children with cerebral palsy.Semin. Plast. Surg. 2016; 30: 14-23https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0035-1571256
- Negative influence of motor impairments on upper limb movement patterns in children with unilateral cerebral palsy. A statistical parametric mapping study.Front. Hum. Neurosci. 2017; 11https://doi.org/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00482
- Assessment of upper limb motor dysfunction for children with cerebral palsy based on muscle synergy analysis.Front. Hum. Neurosci. 2017; 11: 130https://doi.org/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00130
- Bimanual motor performance in everyday life activities of children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy.Eur. J. Phys. Rehabil. Med. 2021; https://doi.org/10.23736/S1973-9087.21.06504-7
- A framework for feature selection in clustering.J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 2010; 105: 713-726https://doi.org/10.1198/jasa.2010.tm09415
- ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate systems of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion--Part II: shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.J. Biomech. 2005; 38: 981-992https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.05.042