- •Hip internal rotation range of motion is maximized in anteverted hip patients.
- •Hip external rotation range of motion is maximized in retroverted hip patients.
- •Femoral version abnormalities affected hip muscle strength.
- •Rotation index is a strong femoral version predictor.
- •Femoral version should be considered in decision making of patients with hip pain.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hip morphological characteristics and range of internal rotation in femoroacetabular impingement.Am. J. Sports Med. 2012; 40: 1329-1336https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546512441328
- Assessment of range of motion and contact zones with commonly performed physical exam maneuvers for femoroacetabular impingement: what do these tests mean?.Hip Int. 2013; 23-Suppl 9: S27-S34https://doi.org/10.5301/hipint.5000060
- Femoral anteversion in the hip: comparison of measurement by computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and physical examination.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 619-627https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2011.10.021
- Hip muscle weakness in patients with symptomatic femoroacetabular impingement.Osteoarthr. Cartil. 2011; 19: 816-821https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2011.04.001
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical hip rotation and its relationship to hip rotator muscle strength.Clin. Biomech. 2010; 25: 56-62https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2009.09.006
- Diagnostic imaging of spinal deformities: reducing patients’ radiation dose with a new slot-scanning X-ray imager.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010; 35: 989-994https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e3181bdcaa4
- Physical impairments and activity limitations in people with femoroacetabular impingement: a systematic review.Br. J. Sports Med. 2015; 49: 230-242https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2013-093340
- An approach to hip pain in young adult.BMJ. 2018; 361k1086https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.k1086
- Relationship between femoral anteversion and findings in hips with femoroacetabular impingement.Orthopedics. 2013; 36: e293-e300https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20130222-17
- Clinical outcomes after arthroscopic psoas lengthening: the effect of femoral version.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 965-971https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2011.11.028
- The effect of femoral and acetabular version on clinical outcomes after arthroscopic femoroacetabular impingement surgery.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2015; 97: 537-543https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.N.00266
- Hip muscle weakness and reduced joint range of motion in patients with femoroacetabular impingement syndrome: a case-control study.Braz. J. Phys. Ther. 2020; 24: 39-45https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjpt.2018.11.010
- Arthrogenic neuromusculature inhibition: a foundational investigation of existence in the hip joint.Clin. Biomech. 2013; 28: 171-177https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2012.11.014
- Physical impairments in symptomatic femoroacetabular impingement: a systematic review of the evidence.Br. J. Sports Med. 2017; 50: 1118https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2016-096152
- Femoroacetabular impingement: a cause for osteoarthritis of the hip.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2003; 417: 112-120https://doi.org/10.1097/01.blo.0000096804.78689.c2
- The etiology of osteoarthritis of the hip: an integrated mechanical concept.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2008; 466: 264-272https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-007-0060-z
- The Warnick agreement on femoroacetabular impingement syndrome (FAI syndrome): an international consensus statement.Br. J. Sports Med. 2016; 50: 1169-1176https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2016-096743
- Hip arthroscopy versus best conservative care for the treatment of femoroacetabular impingement syndrome (UK FASHIoN): a multicentre randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2018; 391: 2225-2235https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(18)31202-9
- Full recovery of hip muscle strength is not achieved at return to sports in patients with femoroacetabular impingement surgery.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc. 2020; 28: 1276-1282https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-018-5337-0
- Improving function in people with hip-related pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of physiotherapist-led interventions for hip-related pain.Br. J. Sports Med. 2020; 54: 1382-1394
- Femoral version abnormalities significantly outweigh effect of cam impingement on hip internal rotation.J. Bone Joint Sur. 2018; 100: 205-210https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.17.00376
- Human strength curves.Exerc. Sport Sci. Rev. 1984; 12: 417-466
- Prevalence of femoral and acetabular version abnormalities in patients with symptomatic hip disease.Am. J. Sports Med. 2018; 46: 122-134https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546517726983
- Muscle weakness in hip osteoarthritis: a systematic review.Arthritis Care Res. (Hobo-ken). 2013; 65: 340-352https://doi.org/10.1002/acr.21806
- Arthroscopic surgery or physical therapy for patients with femoroacetabular impingement syndrome. a randomized controlled trial with 2 year of follow-up.Am. J. Sports Med. 2018; 46: 1306-1314https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546517751912
- Is femoral version associated with changes in hip muscle strength in females with symptomatic femoroacetabular impingement?.Rev. Bras. Ortop. 2019; 54: 422-427https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1694019
- Closed intramedullary derotational osteotomy and hip arthroscopy for cam femoroacetabular impingement from femoral retroversion.Arthrosc. Tech. 2014; 3: e83-e88https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eats.2013.08.013
- The development and validation of a self-administered quality-of-life outcome measure for young, active patients with symptomatic hip disease: the international hip outcome tool (iHOT-33).J. Arthrosc. 2012; 28: 595-605https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2012.03.013
- Kinesiology of the hip: a focus on muscular actions.JOSPT. 2010; 40: 82-94https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2010.3025
- Three-dimensional biplanar radiography as a new means of accessing femoral version: a comparative study of EOS three-dimensional radiography versus computed tomography.Skelet. Radiol. 2015; 44: 255-260https://doi.org/10.1007/s00256-014-2031-2
- Femoral and tibial torsion measurement in children and adolescents: comparison of 3D models based on low-dose biplanar radiography and low-dose CT.AJR. 2014; 202: W285-W291https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.13.11103
- Valgus hip with high antetorsion causes pain through posterior extraarticular FAI.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2013; 471: 3774-3780https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-013-2895-9
- Dysplastic hip anatomy alters muscle moment arm lengths, lines of action, and contributions to joint reaction forces during gait.J. Biomech. 2020; 18: 110https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2020.109968
- Concurrent criterion-related validity and reliability of a clinical test to measure femoral anteversion.JOSPT. 2009; 39: 586-592https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2009.2996
- Femoral antetorsion: comparing asymptomatic volunteers and patients with femoroacetabular impingement.Radiol. 2012; 263: 475-483https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.12111903
- Reprodutibilidade intra e interavalidor na avaliação funcional do quadril - Intra and inter-rater reliability in hip functional assessment [MSc dissertation].Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil2017
- Clinical test to determine femoral version category in people with chronic hip joint and asymptomatic controls.Musculoskelet. Sci. Pract. 2019; 39: 115-122https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msksp.2018.12.003