- •We evaluated the associations between implant settings and satisfaction in total hip arthroplasty.
- •Stem anteversion and sagittal alignment were associated with post-operative satisfaction.
- •Combined anteversion and femoral offset were also associated with post-operative patient's satisfaction.
- •Cup position and alignment had no association with patient's post-operative satisfaction.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Reconstructed hip joint position and abductor muscle strength after total hip arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2005; 20: 414-420https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2004.01.016
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of Korean Western Ontario and McMaster universities (WOMAC) and Lequesne osteoarthritis indices for clinical research.Osteoarthr. Cartil. 2001; 9: 746-750https://doi.org/10.1053/joca.2001.0471
- The influence of hip rotation on femoral offset following short stem total hip arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2016 Jan; 31: 312-316
- Dislocation following total hip replacement: causes and cures.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95–B: 67-69https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.95B11.32645
- Total hip replacement by low-friction arthroplasty.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1970; 72: 7-21https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-197009000-00003
- The effect of the orientation of the acetabular and femoral components on the range of motion of the hip at different head–neck ratios.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2000; 82: 315-321https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-200003000-00003
- Combined anteversion technique for total hip arthroplasty.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2009; 467: 119-127https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-008-0598-4
- Influence of femoral anteversion on proximal femoral loading: measurement and simulation in four patients.Clin Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2001; 16: 644-649https://doi.org/10.1016/s0268-0033(01)00053-5
- Hip, knee, and ankle kinematics of high range of motion activities of daily living.J. Orthop. Res. 2006; 24: 770-781https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.20114
- Block-step asymmetry 5 years after large-head metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty is related to lower muscle mass and leg power on the implant side.Clin. Biomech. 2014 Jun; 29: 684-690
- Does femoral offset recover and affect the functional outcome of patients with displaced femoral neck fracture following hemiarthroplasty?.Injury. 2017; 48: 1170-1174
- Factors predisposing to dislocation after primary total hip arthroplasty. A multivariate analysis.J. Arthroplast. 2002; 17: 282-288https://doi.org/10.1054/arth.2002.30286
- Modular neck femoral stems.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95–B: 1011-1021https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.95B8.31525
- Dislocations after total hip-replacement arthroplasties.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1978; 60: 217-220https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-197860020-00014
- The influence of femoral offset on healthrelated quality of life after total hip replacement.Bone Joint J. 2014; 96–B: 36-42https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.96B1.31530
- 1Association between changes in global femoral offset after total hip arthroplasty and function, quality of life, and abduc1tor muscle strength.Acta Orthop. 2016; 87: 36-41https://doi.org/10.3109/17453674.2015.1091955
- Impingement with total hip replacement.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2007; 89: 1832-1842https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.F.01313
- Measuring improvement following total hip and knee arthroplasty using patient-based measures of outcome.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2005; 87: 1999-2005https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.D.02286
- Japanese Orthopaedic association hip disease evaluation questionnaire (JHEQ): a patient-based evaluation tool for hip-joint disease. The subcommittee on hip disease evaluation of the clinical outcome committee of the Japanese Orthopaedic association.J. Orthop. Sci. 2012; 17: 25-38https://doi.org/10.1007/s00776-011-0166-8
- Activities of daily living in non Western cultures: range of motion requirements for hip and knee joint implants.Int. J. Rehabil. Res. 2001; 24: 191-198https://doi.org/10.1097/00004356-200109000-00004
- Do post-operative changes of neck–shaft angle and femoral component anteversion have an effect on clinical outcome following uncemented total hip arthroplasty?.Bone Joint J. 2015; 97–B: 1615-1622https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.97B12.34654
- Combined anteversion technique reduced the dislocation in cementless total hip arthroplasty.Int. Orthop. 2014; 38: 27-32https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-013-2091-2
- Investigation into three dimensional hip anatomy in anterior dislocation after THA. Influence of the position of the hip rotation Centre.Clin. Biomech. 2012 Jul; 27: 562-567
- Bony impingement depends on the bone morphology of the hip after total hip arthroplasty.Int. Orthop. 2013; 37: 1897-1903https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-013-1979-1
- Ochi M low femoral antetorsion and total hip arthroplasty: a risk factor.Int. Orthop. 2014; 2015: 7-12
- Anterior inferior iliac spine bone morphology in hip dysplasia and its effect on hip range of motion in total hip arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2016; 31: 2058-2063https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.02.018
- The influence of stem offset and neck shaft angles on the range of motion in total hip arthroplasty.Int. Orthop. 2016; 40: 245-253https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-015-2826-3
- The effect of cup medialization and lateralization on hip range of motion in total hip arthroplasty.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol Avon). 2018 Aug; 57: 121-128
- High offset stems are protective of dislocation in high-risk Total hip arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2021 Jan; 36: 210-216
- The effect of femoral head size, neck length, and offset on dislocation rates of constrained acetabular liners.J. Arthroplast. 2021 Jan; 36: 345-348
- The impact of the CCD-angle on range of motion and cup positioning in total hip arthroplasty.Clin. Biomech. 2005 Aug; 20: 723-728
- Compliant positioning of total hip components for optimal range of motion.J. Orthop. Res. 2004; 22: 815-821https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orthres.2003.11.001
- Computed tomography measurement of the accuracy of component version in total hip arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2006; 21: 696-701https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2005.11.008
- Significantly reduced leg length discrepancy and increased femoral offset by application of a head-neck adapter in revision total hip arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2014 Jun; 29: 1301-1307
- Standardization and terminology Committee of the International Society of biomechanics. ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate system of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion-part I: ankle, hip, and spine.J. Biomech. 2002; 35: 543-548https://doi.org/10.1016/s0021-9290(01)00222-6