- •Intermittent compression showed similar changes in blood volume of patellar and Achilles tendons.
- •A positive correlation was found between changes in blood volume of Achilles tendon and heart rate.
- •Intermittent compression is useful as simple maintenance method for preventing tendon disorders.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Power spectrum analysis of heart rate fluctuation: a quantitative probe of beat-to-beat cardiovascular control.Science. 1981; 213: 220-222
- The impact of thought field therapy on heart rate variability.J. Clin. Psychol. 2001; 57: 1153-1170
- Pricking pain threshold in different body areas.Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 1952; 80: 425-427
- Comparison of temporary heart rate reduction associated with acupuncture stimulation in supine and sitting subjects.Acupunct. Med. 2003; 21: 133-137
- Randomised clinical trial comparing the effects of acupuncture and a newly designed placebo needle in rotator cuff tendinitis.Pain. 1999; 83: 235-241
- Blood circulation of patellar and Achilles tendons during contractions and heating.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2012; 44: 2111-2117
- Noninvasive measures of blood volume and oxygen saturation of human Achilles tendon by red laser lights.Acta Physiol. 2008; 193: 257-264
- Effects of acupuncture and heating on blood volume and oxygen saturation of human Achilles tendon in vivo.Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 2010; 109: 545-550
- Changes in blood circulation of the contralateral Achilles tendon during and after acupuncture and heating.Int. J. Sports Med. 2011; 32: 807-813
- Acupuncture- and intermittent compression-induced changes in blood circulation of tendon.J. Altern. Complement. Med. 2020; 26: 231-238
- Changes in blood circulation of the tendons and heart rate variability during and after acupuncture.Med. Acupuncture. 2020; 32: 99-197
- Comparison of changes in blood circulation of patellar and Achilles tendons during and after acupuncture.Transl. Sports Med. 2020; 3: 581-588
- Cardiovascular neural regulation explored in the frequency domain.Circulation. 1991; 84: 482-492
- Power spectrum analysis of heart rate variability to assess the changes in sympathovagal balance during graded orthostatic tilt.Circulation. 1994; 90: 1826-1831
- Decreased heart rate by acupuncture stimulation in humans via facilitation of vagal cardiac activity and suppression of cardiac sympathetic nerve.Neurosci. Lett. 1997; 227: 165-168
- Power spectal analysis of heart rate and arterial pressure variabilities as a marker of sympathovagal interaction in man and conscious dog.Circ. Res. 1986; 59: 178-193
- Relationship between spectral components of cardiovascular variabilities and direct measures of muscle sympathetic nerve activity in humans.Circulation. 1997; 95: 1441-1448
- Transient increase in human muscle sympathetic nerve activity during manual acupuncture.Jpn. J. Physiol. 1995; 45: 337-345
- Evaluation of autonomic nervous system function using heart rate variability analysis during transient heart rate reduction caused by acupuncture.Med. Acupunct. 2018; 30: 89-95
- 78 cases of periomarthritis treated with acupuncture.J. Tradit. Chin. Med. 1995; 15: 46-47