- •This study was the first to quantify gait of Perthes patients using summary measures.
- •Gait-Deviation-, Gillette-Gait- and Hip-Flexor-Index are sensitive for pathologic gait.
- •They may serve as functional parameters for outcome examinations in Perthes disease.
- •They cannot discriminate involved and non-involved side in Perthes patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The natural history of Perthes' disease.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1971; 53: 37-53
- Flexed-knee gait in children with cerebral palsy: a long-term follow-up study.Bone Joint J. 2018; 100-B: 549-556
- Summary measures for clinical gait analysis: a literature review.Gait Posture. 2014; 39: 1005-1010
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioural Sciences.2nd ed. L. Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, N.J1988
- A systematic review of the non-surgical treatment of Perthes’ disease.Bone Jt Open. 2020; 2: 720-730
- Application of the Gait Deviation Index in the analysis of post-stroke hemiparetic gait.J. Biomech. 2020; 23109575https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2019.109575
- The lateral pillar classification of Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease.J. Pediatr. Orthop. 1992; 12: 143-150
- Prolonged non-weightbearing treatment decreases femoral head deformity compared to symptomatic treatment in the initial stage of Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease.J. Pediatr. Orthop. B. 2021; 20 (Online ahead of print.)https://doi.org/10.1097/BPB.0000000000000873
- Long-term results of multilevel surgery in adults with cerebral palsy.Int. Orthop. 2019; 43: 255-260
- Management of Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease using an A-frame orthosis and hip range of motion: a 25-year experience.J. Pediatr. Orthop. 2013; 33: 112-119
- The GDI-kinetic: a new index for quantifying kinetic deviations from normal gait.Gait Posture. 2011; 33: 730-732
- Morbus Perthes.2nd ed. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg1998
- An index for quantifying deviations from normal gait.Gait Posture. 2000; 11: 25-31
- The reliability of the normalcy index for quantifying gait pathology.Gait Posture. 2003; 18: S119
- The gait deviation index: a new comprehensive index of gait pathology.Gait Posture. 2008; 28: 351-357
- A tool for quantifying hip flexor function during gait.Gait Posture. 2000; 12: 122-127
- The use of the gait profile score and gait variable score in individuals with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.J. Biomech. 2020; 2109485https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2019.109485
- Development of gait performance and dynamic hip and knee joint loading after containment improving surgery in patients with Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease.Gait Posture. 2016; 47: 51-56
- Pathological gait in children with Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease and proposal for gait modification to decrease the hip joint loading.Int. Orthop. 2012; 36: 1235-1241
- Die angeborene Hüftdysplasie und Hüftluxation in Kindes- und Erwachsenenalter.Springer Verlag, 1984
- Coxa plana.Osteochondritis deformans coxae. Zentralblatt Chir. 1920; 47: 539
- Computerized gait analysis in Legg calve Perthes disease - analysis of the frontal plane.Gait Posture. 2006; 24: 196-202
- Correlation of functional outcome and X-ray findings after Perthes disease.Int. Orthop. 2011; 35: 1833-1837
- Computerized gait analysis in Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease - analysis of the sagittal plane.Gait Posture. 2012; 35: 541-546