- •Non-neutral posture is a poorly defined risk factor for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- •Three-dimensional computed tomography analysis of carpal tunnel volume.
- •Kinematics of radius and third metacarpal for precise measure of wrist posture
- •Slight flexion-extension does not have significant effect on carpal tunnel volume.
- •Slight ulnar deviation may be a risk factor for carpal tunnel syndrome.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering: imaging & visualization inter- and intra-rater reliability of carpal tunnel volume measurement Inter- and intra-rater reliability of carpal tunnel volume measurement.Comput. Methods Biomech. Biomed. Eng. Imaging Vis. 2021; : 1-6https://doi.org/10.1080/21681163.2021.2009375
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and its relationship to occupation: A meta-analysis.Rheumatology. 2012; 51: 250-261https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/ker108
- An MRI evaluation of carpal tunnel dimensions in healthy wrists: Implications for carpal tunnel syndrome.Clin. Biomech. 2006; 21: 816-825https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2006.04.008
- Accuracy and reliability of three different techniques for manual goniometry for wrist motion: a cadaveric study.J Hand Surg. 2009; 34A: 1422-1428https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2009.06.002
- National Health Interview Survey (NHIS 2015) Program.in: Worker Health Charts (WHC). Unadjusted Prevalence of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (NHIS 2015) Among Workers (NHIS-OHS). 2015 ([WWW Document]. URL)(accessed 11.5.21)
- Carpal Tunnel Volume Changes of the Wrist Under Distraction.J. Hand Surgery-European. 2008; 33E: 648-652https://doi.org/10.1177/1753193408092037
- Assessment of the ratio of carpal contents to carpal tunnel volume in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome: a preliminary report.J. Hand Surg. Am. 1997; 22: 635-639
- The Revised Strain Index: an improved upper extremity exposure assessment model.Ergonomics. 2017; 60: 912-922https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139.2016.1237678
- Biomechanical risk factors for carpal tunnel syndrome: A pooled study of 2474 workers.Occup. Environ. Med. 2015; 72: 33-41https://doi.org/10.1136/oemed-2014-102378
- Pathomechanics of peripheral nerve loading: Evidence in carpal tunnel syndrome.J. Hand Ther. 2005; 18: 259-269https://doi.org/10.1197/j.jht.2005.02.001
- Guidelines for wrist posture based on carpal tunnel pressure thresholds.Hum. Factors. 2007; 49: 88-99https://doi.org/10.1518/001872007779598127
- Guidelines for wrist posture based on carpal tunnel pressure thresholds.(Author abstract).Hum. Factors. 2007; 49: 88
- Association between work-related biomechanical risk factors and the occurrence of carpal tunnel syndrome: an overview of systematic reviews and a meta-analysis of current research.BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2015; 16: 231https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-015-0685-0
- Coupling between wrist flexion–extension and radial–ulnar deviation.Clin. Biomech. 2005; 20: 177-183https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2004.10.002
- RULA: A survey method for the investigation of work-related upper limb disorders.Appl. Ergon. 1993; 24: 91-99
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.6437. 2014: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g6437
- Evaluation of the carpal tunnel based on 3-D reconstruction from MRI.J. Biomech. 2007; 40: 2222-2229https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2006.10.033
- The effect of landmarks and bone motion on posture-related changes in carpal tunnel volume.Clin. Biomech. 2009; 24: 708-715https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2009.05.012
- A digital database of wrist bone anatomy and carpal kinematics.J. Biomech. 2007; 40: 2537-2542https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2006.10.041
- Splinting for carpal tunnel syndrome (Review).Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2012; 11https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD010003.www.cochranelibrary.com
- Effect of wrist posture on carpal tunnel pressure while typing.J. Orthop. Res. 2008; 26: 1269-1273https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.20599
- Carpal tunnel volume determination by magnetic resonance imaging three-dimensional reconstruction.J. Hand Surg. Am. 1987; 12: 712-717https://doi.org/10.1016/S0363-5023(87)80054-0
- Associations between work-related factors and the carpal tunnel syndrome — a systematic review Published by : the Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health , the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, the Danish National Research Centre for.Scand. J. Work. Environ. Health. 2009; 35: 19-36
- Development of an ergonomic tool to predict carpal tunnel syndrome risk based on estimated carpal tunnel pressure.IISE Trans. Occup. Ergon. Hum. Factors. 2018; 6: 32-42https://doi.org/10.1080/24725838.2018.1454360
- ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate systems of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion—Part II: shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.J. Biomech. 2005; 38: 981-992https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.05.042
- Meta-analysis: association between wrist posture and carpal tunnel syndrome among workers.Saf. Health Work. 2014; 5: 27-31https://doi.org/10.1016/j.shaw.2014.01.003