- •Effects of screw reinforcement of cementoplasty of periacetabular lesions are unknown.
- •We performed multimodal biomechanical testing to address this question.
- •We find improved strength, resilience and acetabular protection with the technique.
- •The results recommend this novel technique as a preferred surgical option.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Resection and reconstruction of pelvic bone tumors.Orthopedics. 2015 Feb; 38 (Epub 2015/02/11): 87-93
- A comparison of percutaneous reduction and screw fixation versus open reduction and plate fixation of traumatic symphysis pubis diastasis.Arch. Orthop. Trauma Surg. 2012; 132: 265-270
- Malignant acetabular osteolyses: percutaneous injection of acrylic bone cement.Radiology. 1995 Oct; 197 (Epub 1995/10/01): 307-310
- Therapeutic percutaneous injections in the treatment of malignant acetabular osteolyses.Radiographics: Rev. Publ. Radiol. Soc. North America, Inc. 1999 May-Jun; 19 (Epub 1999/05/21): 647-653
- Treatment of metastatic lesions localized in the acetabulum.J. Orthop. Surg. Res. 2016 Apr 28; 11 (Epub 2016/04/30): 54
- Metastatic disease around the hip: maintaining quality of life.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 2012 Nov; 94 (Epub 2012/11/09): 22-25
- The management of acetabular insufficiency secondary to metastatic malignant disease.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1981 Apr; 63 (Epub 1981/04/01): 653-664
- Effect of bone cement volume and stiffness on occurrences of adjacent vertebral fractures after vertebroplasty.J. Kor. Neurosurg. Soc. 2012; 52: 435
- Pelvic reconstruction using saddle prosthesis following limb salvage operation for periacetabular tumour.J. Orthopaed. Surg. (Hong Kong). 2006 Aug; 14 (Epub 2006/08/18): 155-162
- Major reconstruction for periacetabular metastasis: early complications and outcome following surgical treatment in 40 hips.Acta Orthop. Scand. 2000 Dec; 71 (Epub 2001/01/06): 585-590
- Minimally invasive image-guided ablation, osteoplasty, reinforcement, and internal fixation (AORIF) for osteolytic lesions in the pelvis and periarticular regions of weight-bearing bones.J. Vasc. Interv. Radiol. 2020 Apr; 31 (Epub 2020/03/07): 649-58 e1
- A biomechanical study of periacetabular defects and cement filling.J. Biomech. Eng. 2007 Apr; 129 (Epub 2007/04/06): 129-136
- On the forces exerted on the hip during gait.Arch. Orthopaed. Traumat. Surge. Archiv. fur. Orthopadische Unfall-Chirurgie. 1981; 99 (Epub 1981/01/01): 53-58
- Functional and oncological outcome of acetabular reconstruction for the treatment of metastatic disease.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2000 May; 82 (Epub 2000/05/20): 642-651
- Percutaneous cementoplasty for pelvic bone metastasis.Support. Care Cancer: Off. J. Multinat. Assoc. Support. Care Cancer. 2000 Nov; 8 (Epub 2000/11/30): 500-503
- The surgical treatment of pelvic bone metastases.Adv. Orthop. 2015; 2015 (Epub 2015/03/27)525363
- The Harrington reconstruction for advanced periacetabular metastatic destruction: good outcome in 32 patients.Acta Orthop. Scand. 2000 Dec; 71 (Epub 2001/01/06): 591-596
- Operative management of metastases to the pelvis and acetabulum.Orthoped. Clin. North Am. 2000 Oct; 31 (Epub 2000/10/24): 623-631
- Ablation, osteoplasty, reinforcement, and internal fixation for percutaneous endoskeletal reconstruction of periacetabular and other periarticular osteolytic metastases.Instr. Course Lect. 2021; 70 (Epub 2021/01/14): 503-514
- Acetabulum malignancies: technique and impact on pain of percutaneous injection of acrylic surgical cement.Eur. Radiol. 1998; 8 (Epub 1998/03/21): 123-129
- A novel tripod percutaneous reconstruction technique in periacetabular lesions caused by metastatic cancer.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2020 Apr 1; 102 (Epub 2020/02/23): 592-599
- Disease- and recurrence-free survival after surgical resection of solitary bone metastases of the pelvis.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2007 Jun; 459 (Epub 2007/04/25): 128-132