- •Customized 3D printed foot orthoses did not change lower limb muscle activity.
- •Plantar pressures were modulated by the foot orthoses and the addition of posting.
- •Increasing foot orthoses stiffness altered plantar pressure distribution.
- •Foot orthoses had little effect on center of pression displacements during walking.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The effect of prefabricated and proprioceptive foot orthoses on plantar pressure distribution in patients with flexible flatfoot during walking.Prosthetics Orthot. Int. 2013; 37
- Clinical relevance vs. statistical significance: using neck outcomes in patients with temporomandibular disorders as an example.Man. Ther. 2011; 16: 563-572
- Foot orthoses for adults with flexible pes planus: a systematic review.J. Foot Ankle Res. 2014; 7: 23
- Tibialis posterior tenosynovitis and associated pes plano valgus in rheumatoid arthritis: electromyography, multisegment foot kinematics, and ultrasound features.Arthritis Care Res. 2013; 65: 495-502
- Joint Motion: Method of Measuring and Recording. Published by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1965. Reprinted by the British Orthopaedic Association, 1966. 7¼x4¾ in. Pp. 88, with numerous line drawings. Paper cover. 1966. Edinburgh and London: E. & S. Livingstone Ltd. Price 5s., plus 6d. postage.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1966; 48-B: 857
- Detection of gait events using an F-Scan in-shoe pressure measurement system.Gait Posture. 2008; 28: 420-426
- Efficacies of different external controls for excessive foot pronation: a meta-analysis.Br. J. Sports Med. 2011; 45: 743-751
- Effects of foot orthoses on the temporal pattern of muscular activity during walking.Clin. Biomech. Bristol Avon. 2013; 28: 820-824
- Effect of foot orthosis design on lower limb joint kinematics and kinetics during walking in flexible pes planovalgus: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin. Biomech. 2018; 59: 117-129
- Effect of 3D printed foot orthoses stiffness and design on foot kinematics and plantar pressures in healthy people.Gait Posture. 2020; 81: 247-253
- Anti-pronator components are essential to effectively alter lower-limb kinematics and kinetics in individuals with flexible flatfeet.Clin. Biomech. 2021; 86105390
- Prevalence of foot and ankle conditions in a multiethnic community sample of older adults.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2004; 159: 491-498
- The effect of orthotics on intersegmental foot kinematics and the EMG activity of select lower leg muscles.Foot. 2015; 25: 206-214
- Effect of different orthotic materials on plantar pressures: a systematic review.J. Foot Ankle Res. 2020; 13: 35
- Can foot orthoses impose different gait features based on geometrical design in healthy subjects? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Foot. 2020; 42101646
- Effect of insole material on lower limb kinematics and plantar pressures during treadmill walking.Prosthetics Orthot. Int. 2012; 36: 53-62https://doi.org/10.1177/0309364611429986
- Development of recommendations for SEMG sensors and sensor placement procedures.J. Electromyogr. Kinesiol. Off. J. Int. Soc. Electrophysiol. Kinesiol. 2000; 10: 361-374
- Novel Award First Prize Paper. Orthotic management of plantar pressure and pain in rheumatoid arthritis.Clin. Biomech. Bristol Avon. 1999; 14: 567-575https://doi.org/10.1016/s0268-0033(99)00034-0
- The effect of foot orthoses on joint moment asymmetry in male children with flexible flat feet.J. Bodyw. Mov. Ther. 2018; 22: 83-89https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2017.04.007
- Diagnosis and treatment of adult flatfoot.J. Foot Ankle Surg. 2005; 44: 78-113https://doi.org/10.1053/j.jfas.2004.12.001
- A new symmetry-based scoring method for posture assessment: evaluation of the effect of insoles with mineral derivatives.J. Manipulative Physiol. Ther. 2000; 23: 596-600https://doi.org/10.1067/mmt.2000.110946
- Effect of orthoses on postural stability in asymptomatic subjects with rearfoot malalignment during a 6-week acclimation period.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2007; 88: 653-660https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2007.02.029
- Effects of two types of foot orthoses on lower limb muscle activity before and after a one-month period of wear.Gait Posture. 2016; 46: 75-80https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2016.02.014
- The effect of three levels of foot orthotic wedging on the surface electromyographic activity of selected lower limb muscles during gait.Clin. Biomech. Bristol Avon. 2006; 21: 1074-1080https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2006.06.007
- Effect of foot posture, foot orthoses and footwear on lower limb muscle activity during walking and running: a systematic review.Gait Posture. 2009; 29: 172-187https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2008.08.015
- Do foot orthoses change lower limb muscle activity in flat-arched feet towards a pattern observed in normal-arched feet?.Clin. Biomech. Bristol Avon. 2010; 25: 728-736https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2010.05.001
- Shoe inserts and orthotics for sport and physical activities.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 1999; 31: S421-S428https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-199907001-00003
- The preferred movement path paradigm: influence of running shoes on joint movement.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2017; 49: 1https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0000000000001260
- Zero- vs. one-dimensional, parametric vs. non-parametric, and confidence interval vs. hypothesis testing procedures in one-dimensional biomechanical trajectory analysis.J. Biomech. 2015; 48: 1277-1285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2015.02.051
- The probability of false positives in zero-dimensional analyses of one-dimensional kinematic, force and EMG trajectories.J. Biomech. 2016; 49: 1468-1476https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2016.03.032
- Development and validation of a novel rating system for scoring standing foot posture: the Foot Posture Index.Clin. Biomech. 2006; 21: 89-98https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2005.08.002
- Contoured, prefabricated foot orthoses demonstrate comparable mechanical properties to contoured, customised foot orthoses: a plantar pressure study.J. Foot Ankle Res. 2009; 2: 20https://doi.org/10.1186/1757-1146-2-20
- Randomized clinical trial into the impact of rigid foot orthoses on balance parameters in excessively pronated feet.Clin. Rehabil. 2004; 18: 624-630https://doi.org/10.1191/0269215504cr767oa
- Dose-response effects of customised foot orthoses on lower limb muscle activity and plantar pressures in pronated foot type.Gait Posture. 2013; 38: 443-449https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2013.01.012
- The effects of foot orthotics on the EMG activity of selected leg muscles during gait.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 1993; 18: 532-536https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.1918.104.22.1682
- The relationship between arch height and arch flexibility: a proposed arch flexibility classification system for the description of multi-dimensional foot structure.J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. 2017; 107https://doi.org/10.7547/15-051