- •Early-stage Multiple Sclerosis strongly affects stance limb kinetics.
- •Multiple Sclerosis patients presented a simplified pattern during gait initiation.
- •Multiple Sclerosis patients presented a near absence of modulation during gait initiation.
- •Net muscular moments are sensitive in detecting unobservable balance impairments.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anticipatory and compensatory postural adjustments in individuals with multiple sclerosis in response to external perturbations.Neurosci. Lett. 2015; 591: 182-186https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neulet.2015.02.050
- When and how does steady state gait movement induced from upright posture begin?.J. Biomech. 1986; 19: 1035-1040
- Balance, gait, and falls in multiple sclerosis.Handb. Clin. Neurol. 2018; 159: 237-250https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-444-63916-5.00015-X
- The use of laboratory gait analysis for understanding gait deterioration in people with multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. Houndmills Basingstoke Engl. 2016; 22: 1768-1776https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458516658137
- Impact of mobility impairment on indirect costs and health-related quality of life in multiple sclerosis.PLoS One. 2013; 8https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0054756
- A motor programme for the initiation of forward-oriented movements in humans.J. Physiol. 1991; 437: 635-653
- Differences in anticipatory postural adjustments between self-generated and triggered gait initiation in 20 healthy subjects.Neurophysiol. Clin. Clin. Neurophysiol. 2005; 35: 180-190https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucli.2006.01.002
- Are gait initiation parameters early markers of Huntington’s disease in pre-manifest mutation carriers?.Gait Posture. 2011; 34: 202-207https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2011.04.011
- Why we should study gait initiation in Parkinson’s disease.Neurophysiol. Clin. Clin. Neurophysiol. 2014; 44: 69-76https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucli.2013.10.127
- Screening for balance disorders in mildly affected multiple sclerosis patients.J. Neurol. 2012; 259: 1413-1419https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-011-6366-5
- Effect of natural trunk inclination on variability in soleus inhibition and tibialis anterior activation during gait initiation in young adults.Gait Posture. 2015; 41: 378-383https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2014.09.019
- The initiation of gait in young, elderly, and Parkinson’s disease subjects.Gait Posture. 1998; 8: 8-14https://doi.org/10.1016/s0966-6362(98)00020-4
- Improved Bonferroni-type multiple testing procedures.Psychol. Bull. 1988; 104: 145-149https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.104.1.145
- Effects of dual tasking on the postural performance of people with and without multiple sclerosis: a pilot study.J. Neurol. 2012; 259: 1166-1176https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-011-6321-5
- Expansion of chronic lesions is linked to disease progression in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients.Mult. Scler. Houndmills Basingstoke Engl. 2020; (1352458520974357)https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458520974357
- Anticipatory postural adjustments in individuals with multiple sclerosis.Neurosci. Lett. 2012; 506: 256-260https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neulet.2011.11.018
- Feedforward postural control in individuals with multiple sclerosis during load release.Gait Posture. 2012; 36: 225-230https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2012.02.022
- Performed and perceived walking ability in relation to the expanded disability status scale in persons with multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. Sci. 2017; 382: 131-136https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2017.09.049
- The role of anticipatory postural adjustments and gravity in gait initiation.Exp. Brain Res. 1995; 107: 118-124
- Trunk’s natural inclination influences stance limb kinetics, but not body kinematics, during gait initiation in able men.PLoS One. 2013; 8e55256https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0055256
- Gait and balance impairment in early multiple sclerosis in the absence of clinical disability.Mult. Scler. Houndmills Basingstoke Engl. 2006; 12: 620-628https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458506070658
- Ankle dysfunction in multiple sclerosis and the effects on walking.Disabil. Rehabil. 2019; : 1-10https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2019.1702726
- Anticipatory postural adjustment during gait initiation in multiple sclerosis patients: a systematic review.Gait Posture. 2019; 73: 180-188https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2019.07.253
- Low back pain in patients with multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and the prevalence in a French multiple sclerosis population.Rev. Neurol. (Paris). 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neurol.2020.07.018
- Computer-Aided Analysis of Mechanical Systems.Prentice-Hall Int, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1988
- Falls in people with MS--an individual data meta-analysis from studies from Australia, Sweden, United Kingdom and the United States.Mult. Scler. J. 2015; 21: 92-100https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458514538884
- Fall attributions among middle-aged and older adults with multiple sclerosis.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2013; 94: 890-895https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2012.11.027
- Gait initiation in multiple sclerosis.Mot. Control. 2008; 12: 93-108
- Sagittal and frontal plane gait initiation kinetics in healthy, young subjects.J. Hum. Kinet. 2019; 67: 85-100https://doi.org/10.2478/hukin-2018-0087
- Multiple sclerosis and postural control: the role of spasticity.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2010; 91: 93-99https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2009.09.013
- Intermittent control with ankle, hip, and mixed strategies during quiet standing: a theoretical proposal based on a double inverted pendulum model.J. Theor. Biol. 2012; 310: 55-79https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtbi.2012.06.019
- Both anticipatory and compensatory postural adjustments are altered during external perturbations in multiple sclerosis individuals with a previous fall history.Mult. Scler. J. 2016; 22 (696–696)
- Fear of falling is associated with prolonged anticipatory postural adjustment during gait initiation under dual-task conditions in older adults.Gait Posture. 2012; 35: 282-286https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2011.09.100
- Correlation of phasic muscle strength and corticomotoneuron conduction time in multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 1991; 29: 6-12https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.410290104
- Human balance and posture control during standing and walking.Gait Posture. 1995; 3: 193-214https://doi.org/10.1016/0966-6362(96)82849-9
- ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate system of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion--part I: ankle, hip, and spine.Int. Soc. Biomech. J. Biomech. 2002; 35: 543-548
- Balance control during gait initiation: state-of-the-art and research perspectives.World J. Orthop. 2017; 8: 815-828https://doi.org/10.5312/wjo.v8.i11.815