- •Optimal cup position to avoid impingement was simulated using in vivo kinematics.
- •The liner-to-neck distance decreased as the internal/external rotation angle was increased.
- •Combined anteversion is significantly smaller due to internal rotation.
- •Cup anteversion is significantly larger due to external rotation.
- •If the stem anteversion is small or large, the adjustment of the stem anteversion must be considered.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Combined anteversion technique for total hip arthroplasty.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2009; 467: 119-127https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-008-0598-4
- Fracture of a cross-linked polyethylene liner due to impingement.J. Arthroplast. 2009; 24: 158.e15-158.e19https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2007.12.020
- The 2014 Frank Stinchfield Award: the ‘landing zone’ for wear and stability in total hip arthroplasty is smaller than we thought: a computational analysis.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2015; 473: 441-452https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-014-3818-0
- Health-related quality of life in total hip and total knee arthroplasty. A qualitative and systematic review of the literature.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2004; 86: 963-974https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-200405000-00012
- Clinical fracture of cross-linked UHMWPE acetabular liners.Biomaterials. 2009; 30: 5572-5582https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2009.07.013
- Current epidemiology of revision total hip arthroplasty in the United States: National Inpatient Sample 2009 to 2013.J. Arthroplast. 2017; 32: 2088-2092https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.02.046
- Kinematic analysis of healthy hips during weight-bearing activities by 3D-to-2D model-to-image registration technique.Biomed. Res. Int. 2014; 2014457573https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/457573
- Dynamic hip kinematics during the golf swing after total hip arthroplasty.Am. J. Sports Med. 2016; 44: 1801-1809https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546516637179
- Hip, knee, and ankle kinematics of high range of motion activities of daily living.J. Orthop. Res. 2006; 24: 770-781https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.20114
- Theoretically optimum position of the prosthesis in total hip arthroplasty to fulfill the severe range of motion criteria due to neck impingement.J. Orthop. Sci. 2011; 16: 229-237https://doi.org/10.1007/s00776-011-0039-1
- Factors predisposing to dislocation after primary total hip arthroplasty: a multivariate analysis.J. Arthroplast. 2002; 17: 282-288https://doi.org/10.1054/arth.2002.30286
- Does high hip center decrease range of motion in total hip arthroplasty? A computer simulation study.J. Arthroplast. 2016; 31: 2342-2347https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.03.014
- In vivo kinematic analysis of replaced hip during stationary cycling and computer simulation of optimal cup positioning against prosthetic impingement.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2019; 68: 175-181https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2019.05.035
- In vivo kinematic analysis of squatting after total hip arthroplasty.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2011; 26: 477-483https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2010.11.006
- Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2007; 89: 780-785https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.F.00222
- Dislocations after total hip-replacement arthroplasties.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1978; 60: 217-220
- Impingement with total hip replacement.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2007; 89: 1832-1842https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.F.01313
- Modular necks improve the range of hip motion in cases with excessively anteverted or retroverted femurs in THA.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2010; 468: 3342-3347https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-010-1385-6
- Impingement and loosening of the long posterior wall acetabular implant.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1992; 74: 377-379https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.74B3.1587881
- The definition and measurement of acetabular orientation.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1993; 75: 228-232https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.75B2.8444942
- Kinematics, kinetics, and finite element analysis of commonplace maneuvers at risk for total hip dislocation.J. Biomech. 2003; 36: 577-591https://doi.org/10.1016/s0021-9290(02)00232-4
- Results at a minimum of 10 years of follow-up for AMS and PerFix HA-coated cementless total hip arthroplasty: impact of cross-linked polyethylene on implant longevity.J. Orthop. Sci. 2013; 18: 962-968https://doi.org/10.1007/s00776-013-0456-4
- Combined anteversion technique reduced the dislocation in cementless total hip arthroplasty.Int. Orthop. 2014; 38: 27-32https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-013-2091-2
- Utility of preoperative femoral neck geometry in predicting femoral stem anteversion.J. Arthroplast. 2015; 30: 1079-1084https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2015.01.016
- Activity-dependence of the “safe zone” for impingement versus dislocation avoidance.Med. Eng. Phys. 2005; 27: 323-328https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2004.09.004
- Variation in functional pelvic tilt in patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99-B: 184-191https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.99B2.BJJ-2016-0098.R1
- Validity and reliability of three definitions of hip osteoarthritis: cross sectional and longitudinal approach.Ann. Rheum. Dis. 2004; 63: 1427-1433https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.2003.016477
- Effects of posterior pelvic tilt on anterior instability in total hip arthroplasty: a parametric experimental modeling evaluation.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2013; 28: 178-181https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2012.12.011
- Influencing factors for joint perception after total hip arthroplasty: Asian cohort study.J. Arthroplast. 2020; 35: 1307-1314https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.12.039
- In vivo kinematics, component alignment and hardware variables influence on the liner-to-neck clearance during chair-rising after total hip arthroplasty.J. Orthop. Sci. 2020; 25: 452-459https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jos.2019.05.012
- Factors affecting impingement and dislocation after total hip arthroplasty - computer simulation analysis.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2020; 80105151https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2020.105151
- Dynamic measurements of hip movement in deep bending activities after total hip arthroplasty using a 4-dimensional motion analysis system.J. Arthroplast. 2012; 27: 1562-1568https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2012.01.029
- An in vivo model for intraoperative assessment of impingement and dislocation in total hip arthroplasty.J. Arthroplast. 2008; 23: 714-720https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2007.07.004
- Hip stability after total hip arthroplasty predicted by intraoperative stability test and range of motion: a cross-sectional study.BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2018; 19: 373https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-018-2289-y
- Studies on dysplastic acetabula and congenital subluxation of the hip joint: with special reference to the complication of osteoarthritis.Acta Chir. Scand. 1939; 83: 53-68
- Compliant positioning of total hip components for optimal range of motion.J. Orthop. Res. 2004; 22: 815-821https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orthres.2003.11.001