- •Hinge fracture in distal femoral osteotomy increased abnormal hinge movements.
- •The increased abnormal movements were reduced by the short support plate.
- •The hinge stability was not significantly improved by a hinge support screw.
- •The short support plate can be an option when a hinge fracture occurs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Shear movement at the fracture site delays healing in a diaphyseal fracture model.J. Orthop. Res. 2003; 21: 1011-1017
- Dual plate fixation results in improved union rates in comminuted distal femur fractures compared to single plate fixation.J. Orthop. 2020; 18: 76-79
- Axial and torsional stability of an improved single-plane and a new bi-plane osteotomy technique for supracondylar femur osteotomies.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 1090-1098
- Supracondylar femur osteotomies around the knee: patient selection, planning, operative techniques, stability of fixation, and bone healing.Orthopade. 2014; 43: S1-10
- Effects of mechanical factors on the fracture healing process.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1998; : S132-S147
- Distal femoral varus osteotomy for painful genu valgum. A five-to-11-year follow-up study.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1993; : 263-269
- Varus osteotomy of the distal part of the femur. A survivorship analysis.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1996; 78: 1348-1352
- Midterm results following medial closed wedge distal femoral osteotomy stabilized with a locking internal fixation device.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc. 2015; 23: 2061-2067
- The medial closed-wedge osteotomy of the distal femur for the treatment of unicompartmental lateral osteoarthritis of the knee.Oper. Orthop. Traumatol. 2010; 22: 317-334
- Locking plates for distal femur fractures: is there a problem with fracture healing?.J. Orthop. Trauma. 2011; 25: S8-14
- The influence of cyclic compression and distraction on the healing of experimental tibial fractures.J. Orthop. Res. 2004; 22: 709-715
- Addition of a medial locking plate to an in situ lateral locking plate results in healing of distal femoral nonunions.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2016; 474: 1498-1505
- Adding a protective screw improves hinge’s axial and torsional stability in High Tibial Osteotomy.Clin. Biomech. 2020; 74: 96-102
- Effect of mechanical stability on fracture healing—an update.Injury. 2007; 38: S3-10
- Factors affecting the disparity between preoperative planning and postoperative correction status in distal femoral osteotomy.Knee. 2020; 27: 1608-1617
- Distal femoral varus osteotomy for lateral osteoarthritis of the knee: a minimum ten-year follow-up.Int. Orthop. 2010; 34: 249-254
- Distal femoral varus osteotomy for valgus deformity of the knee.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1988; 70: 110-116
- Additional fixation of medial plate over the unstable lateral locked plating of distal femur fractures: a biomechanical study.Injury. 2019; 50: 1593-1598
- Distal femoral varus osteotomy for lateral compartment osteoarthritis in the valgus knee. A systematic review of the literature.Open Orthop. J. 2012; 6: 313-319
- Ten-year survival rate of 89% after distal femoral osteotomy surgery for lateral compartment osteoarthritis of the knee.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc. 2021; 29: 594-599
- A double-plating approach to distal femur fracture: a clinical study.Injury. 2017; 48: 2260-2265
- Distal femoral varus osteotomy for osteoarthritis of the knee.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2005; 87: 127-133
- Distal femoral osteotomy for the valgus knee: medial closing wedge versus lateral opening wedge: a systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2016; 32: 2141-2147
- A supplemental screw enhances the biomechanical stability in medial open-wedge high tibial osteotomy.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0244557