- •Flexion-abduction-external rotation shows a depressurization in the lateral portion.
- •Flexion-adduction-internal-rotation shows high pressure in the lateral compartment.
- •The pressure depends on the tests being performed and the compartment assessed.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sonography for hip joint effusion in adults with hip pain.Ann. Rheum. Dis. 2000; 59: 178-182
- Bontrager’s Handbook of Radiographic Positioning and Techniques.French edition. Elsevier Health Sciences, 2013
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.Routledge Academic, New York, NY1988
- The effect of joint position on the pressure of intra-articular effusion.J. Bone Jt. Surg. 1964; 46: 1235-1241
- Intra-articular fluid pressure and pain in osteoarthritis of the hip.J. Bone Jt. Surg. 1988; 70: 52-55
- Does capsular laxity lead to microinstability of the native hip?.Am. J. Sports Med. 2018; 46: 1315-1323
- Morphological muscle and joint parameters for musculoskeletal modelling of the lower extremity.Clin. Biomech. 2007; 22: 239-247
- The pattern and technique in the clinical evaluation of the adult hip: the common physical examination tests of hip specialists.Arthroscopy. 2010; 26: 161-172
- Nerve entrapment in the hip region: current concepts review.Int. J. Sports Phys. Ther. 2017; 12: 1163
- The diagnostic validity of hip provocation maneuvers to detect intra-articular hip pathology.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2012; 2: 174-181
- Hip joint fluid: detection and distribution at MR imaging and US with cadaveric correlation.Radiology. 1998; 208: 43-48
- Accuracy of the diagnostic tests of sacroiliac joint dysfunction.J. Chiropr. Med. 2020; 19: 28-37
- An algorithmic approach to mechanical hip pain.HSS. 2012; 8: 213-224
- Intracapsular pressure and pain in coxarthrosis.J. Arthroplast. 1995; 10: 632-635
- Tensile properties of the hip joint ligaments are largely variable and age-dependent–an in-vitro analysis in an age range of 14–93 years.J. Biomech. 2016; 49: 3437-3443
- How useful is the flexion–adduction–internal rotation test for diagnosing femoroacetabular impingement: a systematic review.Clin. J. Sport Med. 2020; 30: 76-82
- Intracapsular pressure within the acetabular and lateral compartments of the hip joint: a cadaveric investigation.Clin. Biomech. 2021; (Under Review)
- Diagnostics of femoroacetabular impingement and labral pathology of the hip: a systematic review of the accuracy and validity of physical tests.Arthroscopic. 2012; 28: 860-871
- Hip joint pathology: relationship between patient history, physical tests, and arthroscopy findings in clinical practice.Scand. J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2017; 27: 342-350
- Acetabular and femoral anteversion: relationship with osteoarthritis of the hip.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1999; 81: 1747-1770
- Intracapsular and atmospheric pressure in the dynamics and stability of the hip: a biomechanical study.Acta Orthop. Scand. Suppl. 1990; 61: 231-235
- ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate system of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion–part I: ankle, hip, and spine. International Society of Biomechanics.J. Biomech. 2002; 35: 543-548
- Effects of hip joint position and intra-capsular volume on hip joint intra-capsular pressure: a human cadaveric model.J. Orthop. Surg. Res. 2009; 4: 1-6