- •Multi-body dynamic models of the ankle joint can predict effects of implant malpositioning.
- •Current implants have different artificial surfaces and thus differ kinematics.
- •Simulated implant malpositioning resulted in large changes in range of motion.
- •Small surgical errors can have great consequences in replaced joint mechanics.
- •Computer model predictions compare well with corresponding experiments.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The effect of three-component total ankle replacement malalignment on clinical outcome: pain relief and functional outcome in 317 consecutive patients.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2011; 93: 1969-1978
- Experimental evaluation of a new morphological approximation of the articular surfaces of the ankle joint.J. Biomech. 2017; 53: 97-104
- Experimental evaluation of current and novel approximations of articular surfaces of the ankle joint.J. Biomech. 2018; 75: 159-163
- Position of the prosthesis components in total ankle replacement and the effect on motion at the replaced joint.Int. Orthop. 2012; 36: 571-578
- The total ankle arthroplasty learning curve with third-generation implants: a single surgeon's experience.Foot Ankle Spec. 2013; 6: 263-270
- A three-dimensional ankle kinetostatic model to simulate loaded and unloaded joint motion.J. Biomech. Eng. 2015; 137061005
- Early failure in total ankle replacements due to component malposition: a report of two cases.Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30: 783-787
- Subject-specific models of the hindfoot reveal a relationship between morphology and passive mechanical properties.J. Biomech. 2008; 41: 1341-1349
- Perioperative complications and learning curve of the mobility Total ankle system.Foot Ankle Int. 2013; 34: 210-214
- Initial instability in total ankle replacement: a cadaveric biomechanical investigation of the STAR and agility prostheses.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2014; 96e147
- Estimating the stabilizing function of ankle and subtalar ligaments via a morphology-specific three-dimensional dynamic model.J. Biomech. 2020; 98: 109421
- The effect of agility ankle prosthesis misalignment on the peri-ankle ligaments.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2004; : 137-142
- Total ankle replacement design and positioning affect implant-bone micromotion and bone strains.Med. Eng. Phys. 2017; 42: 80-90
- The effect of accuracy of implantation on range of movement of the Scandinavian total ankle replacement.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 2005; 87: 736-740
- Kinematic changes after fusion and total replacement of the ankle: part 1: range of motion.Foot Ankle Int. 2003; 24: 881-887
- Kinematic changes after fusion and total replacement of the ankle: part 2: movement transfer.Foot Ankle Int. 2003; 24: 888-896
- Kinematic changes after fusion and total replacement of the ankle: part 3: Talar movement.Foot Ankle Int. 2003; 24: 897-900