- •Analysis of three-dimensional kinematic data for 6 neck movements with 2 collars.
- •Procare XTEND 174 and Miami J collars significantly restricted cervical motion.
- •Procare XTEND 174 and Miami J collars allowed comparable cervical motion.
- •Procare XTEND 174 and Miami J collars generated similar pressures.
- Medical device related pressure ulcers in hospitalized patients.Int. Wound J. 2010; 7: 358-365https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-481X.2010.00699.x
- Cervical spine injuries and collar complications in severely injured paediatric trauma patients.Spinal Cord. 2013; 51: 360-364https://doi.org/10.1038/sc.2013.6
- An evaluation of the effects of semirigid cervical collars in patients with severe closed head injury.Am. Surg. 1998; 64: 604-606
- A 3D motion analysis study comparing the effectiveness of cervical spine orthoses at restricting spinal motion through physiological ranges.Eur. Spine J. 2013; 22: 10-15https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-012-2641-0
- Emergency department evaluation and treatment of the neck and cervical spine injuries.Emerg. Med. Clin. North Am. 1999; 17: 739-791https://doi.org/10.1016/S0733-8627(05)70097-3
- Pressure ulcers from spinal immobilization in trauma patients.J. Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76: 1131-1141https://doi.org/10.1097/TA.0000000000000153
- The ability of external immobilizers to restrict movement of the cervical spine: a systematic review.Eur. Spine J. 2016; 25: 2023-2036https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-016-4379-6
- Improving practice efforts to reduce occipital pressure ulcers.J. Nurs. Care Qual. 2008; 23: 283-288https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NCQ.0000324595.29956.90
- The effectiveness of four contemporary cervical orthoses in restricting cervical motion.J. Prosthetics Orthot. 1994; 6: 93-99https://doi.org/10.1097/00008526-199406040-00002
- Hospital-acquired pressure ulcers: results from the national medicare patient safety monitoring system study.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 2012; 60: 1603-1608https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2012.04106.x
- Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Quick Reference Guide.Cambridge Media, Perth, Australia2014
- Range-of-motion restriction and craniofacial tissue interface pressure from four cervical collars.J. Trauma - Inj. Infect. Crit. Care. 2007; 63: 1120-1126https://doi.org/10.1097/TA.0b013e3180487d0f
- Comparison of cervical range-of-motion restriction and craniofacial tissue interface pressure with 2 adjustable and 2 standard cervical collars.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016; 41: E304-E312https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000001252
- Prehospital cervical spinal immobilization after trauma.Neurosurgery. 2013; 72: 22-34https://doi.org/10.1227/NEU.0b013e318276edb1
- Investigating the effects of cervical collar design and fit on the biomechanical and biomarker reaction at the skin.Med. Devices Evid. Res. 2018; 11: 87-94https://doi.org/10.2147/MDER.S149419
- Evaluation of efficacy and 3D kinematic characteristics of cervical orthoses.Clin. Biomech. 2005; 20: 264-269https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2004.09.015