- •Initial implant stability is essential for successful immediate implant placement.
- •Implant fixtures that interlock with the bone influence initial implant stability.
- •Non–self-tapping implants had better initial stability.
- •Self-tapping implants had more efficient bone cutting during implant insertion.
- •Thread type and flute design have different resistance levels to lateral force.
- Immediate loading with single implant crowns: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int. J. Prosthodont. 2009; 22: 378-387
- Minimum criteria for immediate provisionalization of single-tooth dental implants in extraction sites: a 1-year retrospective study of 100 consecutive cases.J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 2011; 69: 491-497https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joms.2010.10.024
Benic, G. I., Mir-Mari, J., & Hammerle, C. H. (2014). Loading protocols for single-implant crowns: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants, 29 Suppl, 222-238. Doi:10.11607/jomi.2014suppl.g4.1.
- Distribution of micromotion in implants and alveolar bone with different thread profiles in immediate loading: a finite element study.Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants. 2012; 27: e96-101
- Design and manufacture of customized dental implants by using reverse engineering and selective laser melting technology.J. Prosthet. Dent. 2014; 112 (e1081): 1088-1095
- Biomechanical evaluation of macro and micro designed screw-type implants: an insertion torque and removal torque study in rabbits.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2013; 24: 342-346https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2011.02336.x
- Influence of Micro threads alteration on osseointegration and primary stability of implants: an FEA and in vivo analysis in rabbits.Clin. Implant. Dent. Relat. Res. 2015; 17: 562-569https://doi.org/10.1111/cid.12143
- A comparison of clinical outcomes for implants placed in fresh extraction sockets versus healed sites in periodontally compromised patients: a 1-year follow-up report.Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants. 2010; 25: 1036-1040
- A new self-tapping Branemark implant: clinical and radiographic evaluation.Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants. 1992; 7: 80-85
- Implant placement and loading protocols in partially edentulous patients: a systematic review.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2018; 29: 106-134https://doi.org/10.1111/clr.13276
- The influence of three different apical implant designs at stability and osseointegration process: experimental study in rabbits.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2017; 28: 355-361https://doi.org/10.1111/clr.12807
- Effect of implant design on the initial biomechanical stability of two self-tapping dental implants.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2020; 74: 124-130https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2020.02.012
Kan, J. Y., Roe, P., & Rungcharassaeng, K. (2015). Effects of implant morphology on rotational stability during immediate implant placement in the esthetic zone. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants, 30(3), 667-670. Doi:10.11607/jomi.3885.
- Immediate implant placement and provisionalization of maxillary anterior single implants.Periodontol. 2018; 77: 197-212https://doi.org/10.1111/prd.12212
- The influence of abutment angulation on micromotion level for immediately loaded dental implants: a 3-D finite element analysis.Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants. 2008; 23: 623-630
- Does implant design affect primary stability in extraction sites?.Quintessence Int. 2017; 48: 219-224https://doi.org/10.3290/j.qi.a37690
- Self-cutting blades and their influence on primary stability of tapered dental implants in a simulated low-density bone model: a laboratory study.Oral Surg. Oral Med. Oral Pathol. Oral Radiol. Endod. 2011; 112: 573-580https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tripleo.2010.12.001
- Primary stability and self-tapping blades: biomechanical assessment of dental implants in medium-density bone.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2011; 22: 1179-1184https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2010.02089.x
- Relationship between implant stability measurements obtained by insertion torque and resonance frequency analysis: a systematic review.Clin. Implant. Dent. Relat. Res. 2018; 20: 26-33https://doi.org/10.1111/cid.12565
- Patient selection and preparation.in: Tissue-integrated prostheses: osseointegration in clinical dentistry. Quintessence Publishing Co, Inc, Chicago1985
- Influence of thread pitch, helix angle, and compactness on micromotion of immediately loaded implants in three types of bone quality: a three-dimensional finite element analysis.Biomed. Res. Int. 2014; 2014: 983103https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/983103
- Single-tooth rehabilitations supported by dental implants used in an immediate-provisionalization protocol: report on long-term outcome with retrospective follow-up.Clin. Implant. Dent. Relat. Res. 2015; 17: e511-e519https://doi.org/10.1111/cid.12278
- Influence of implant thread morphology on primary stability: a prospective clinical study.Biomed. Res. Int. 2020; 2020: 6974050https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/6974050
- Facial bone alterations on maxillary anterior single implants for immediate placement and provisionalization following tooth extraction: a superimposed cone beam computed tomography study.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2015; 26: 1383-1389https://doi.org/10.1111/clr.12480
Mosavar, A., Ziaei, A., & Kadkhodaei, M. (2015). The effect of implant thread design on stress distribution in anisotropic bone with different osseointegration conditions: a finite element analysis. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants, 30(6), 1317-1326. Doi:10.11607/jomi.4091.
- MkII--a modified self-tapping Branemark implant: 3-year results of a controlled prospective pilot study.Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants. 1995; 10: 15-21
- Prediction of insertion torque and stiffness of a dental implant in bovine trabecular bone using explicit micro-finite element analysis.J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. Mater. 2019; 98: 301-310https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmbbm.2019.06.024
- Evaluation of primary stability in modified implants: analysis by resonance frequency and insertion torque.Clin. Implant. Dent. Relat. Res. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1111/cid.12574
- Hydroxyapatite coating converts fibrous tissue to bone around loaded implants.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1993; 75: 270-278
- Hydroxyapatite coating modifies implant membrane formation.Acta Orthop. Scand. 2009; 63: 128-140https://doi.org/10.3109/17453679209154808
- Timing of loading and effect of micromotion on bone-dental implant interface: review of experimental literature.J. Biomed. Mater. Res. 1998; 43: 192-203
- Implant micromotion is related to peak insertion torque and bone density.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2009; 20: 467-471https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2008.01679.x
- Validation of value of actual micromotion as a direct measure of implant micromobility after healing (secondary implant stability). An in vivo histologic and biomechanical study.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2016, Jan 4; https://doi.org/10.1111/clr.12756. Epub 2016 Jan 4
- Peroperative estimation of bone quality and primary dental implant stability.J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. Mater. 2019; 92: 24-32https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmbbm.2018.12.035
- Bone quality and quantity of the anterior maxillary trabecular bone in dental implant sites.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2012; 23: 1314-1319https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2011.02347.x
- The effect of implant design and bone quality on insertion torque, resonance frequency analysis, and insertion energy during implant placement in low or low- to medium-density bone.Int. J. Prosthodont. 2015; 28: 40-47https://doi.org/10.11607/ijp.4063
- Sensitivity and specificity of stability criteria for immediately loaded splinted maxillary implants.Clin. Implant. Dent. Relat. Res. 2015; 17: e542-e549https://doi.org/10.1111/cid.12283
- Stress distribution and micromotion analyses of immediately loaded implants of varying lengths in the mandible and fibular bone grafts: a three-dimensional finite element analysis.Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants. 2012; 27: e77-e84
- The effects of flute shape and thread profile on the insertion torque and primary stability of dental implants.Med. Eng. Phys. 2012; 34: 797-805https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2011.09.021
- Abutment screw withdrawal after conical abutment settlement: a pilot study.Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2020; 31: 144-152https://doi.org/10.1111/clr.13550
- Single-tooth implant placement and loading in fresh and regenerated extraction sockets. Five-year results: a case series using two different implant designs.J. Periodontol. 2010; 81: 604-615https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2009.090316