- •Ulnohumeral joint cartilage relaxation contact force can be measured.
- •Ulnohumeral contact force increases with elbow supination and flexion.
- •Radial head arthroplasty overstuffing increases ulnohumeral contact force.
- •Ulnohumeral contact force can be measured without destroying static joint stabilizers.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Elbow medial ulnar collateral ligament insufficiency alters posteromedial olecranon contact.Am. J. Sports Med. 2004; 32: 1607-1612https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546503263149
- Impact of ulnar collateral ligament tear on posteromedial elbow biomechanics.Orthopedics. 2015; 38: e547-e551https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20150701-50
- The effect of prosthetic radial head geometry on the distribution and magnitude of radiocapitellar joint contact pressures.J. Hand Surg. 2015; 40: 281-288https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2014.11.005
- The effect of radial head excision and arthroplasty on elbow kinematics and stability.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2004; 86-A: 1730-1739https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-200408000-00018
- A nondestructive, reproducible method of measuring joint reaction force at the distal radioulnar joint.J. Hand. Surg. [Am.]. 2015; 40 (1138 44)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2015.03.005
- Distal Radioulnar joint reaction force following ulnar shortening: diaphyseal osteotomy versus wafer resection.J. Hand. Surg. [Am.]. 2015; 40: 2206-2212https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2015.07.036
- Time, stress, and location dependent chondrocyte death and collagen damage in cyclically loaded articular cartilage.J. Orthop. Res. 2003; 21: 888-898https://doi.org/10.1016/S0736-0266(03)00050-0
- A method for measuring joint kinematics designed for accurate registration of kinematic data to models constructed from CT data.J. Biomech. 2001; 34: 377-383https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(00)00195-0
- Determination of correct implant size in radial head arthroplasty to avoid overlengthening.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2009; 91: 1738-1746https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.H.01161
- The intra-articular pressure of the shoulder: an experimental study on the role of the glenoid labrum in stabilizing the joint.Arthrosc. 1992; 8: 166-172
- The proximal hip joint capsule and the zona orbicularis contribute to hip joint stability in distraction.J. Orthop. Res. 2009; 27: 989-995https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.20852
- Surgical approach to the proximal end of the radius and its use in fractures of the head and neck of the radius.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1941; 23: 86-92
- Alterations in tibiotalar joint reaction force following syndesmotic injury are restored with static syndesmotic fixation.Clin. Biomech. 2019;
- Alterations in tibiotalar joint reaction force following syndesmotic injury are restored with static syndesmotic fixation.Clin. Biomech. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2019.07.013
- The effect of radial head implant length on radiocapitellar articular properties and load transfer within the forearm.J. Orthop. Trauma. 2014; 28: 348-353https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000000009
- M. Biomechanics.in: Einhorn T.A. O’Keefe R.J. Buckwalter J.A. Orthopaedic Basic Science: Foundations of Clinical Practice. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Rosemont, IL2007
- Fractures of the olecranon: an in vitro study of elbow joint stresses after tension-band wire fixation versus proximal fracture fragment excision.J. Trauma. 2002; 53: 1088-1093https://doi.org/10.1097/01.TA.0000033766.65011.D5
- The hip fluid seal--part II: the effect of an acetabular labral tear, repair, resection, and reconstruction on hip stability to distraction.Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc. 2014; 22: 730-736https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-014-2875-y
- Ulnohumeral chondral and ligamentous overload: biomechanical correlation for posteromedial chondromalacia of the elbow in throwing athletes.Am. J. Sports Med. 2010; 38: 2535-2541https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546510376231
- The effect of forearm rotation on laxity and stability of the elbow.Clin. Biomech. 2001; 16: 401-407https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(01)00021-3
Pressure Measurement Film - Prescale. https://www.pressuremetrics.com/sites/default/files/Overview.pdf. In; 2016.
- Open reduction and internal fixation of fractures of the radial head.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2002; 84-A: 1811-1815https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-200210000-00011
- Effects of elbow flexion and forearm rotation on valgus laxity of the elbow.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2005; 87: 2065-2074https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.D.02045
- Influence of radial head prosthetic design on radiocapitellar joint contact mechanics.J. Shoulder Elb. Surg. 2014; 23: 456-462https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2013.11.028
- The effect of arthroscopic capsulotomy and repair on hip joint contact forces using a non-destructive extra-articular method.J. Hip Preserv. Surg. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1093/jhps/hnz032
- The role of the elbow musculature, forearm rotation, and elbow flexion in elbow stability: an in vitro study.J. Shoulder Elb. Surg. 2009; 18: 260-268https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2008.08.004
- Chronic posttraumatic elbow disorders treated with metallic radial head arthroplasty.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2008; 90: 271-280https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.F.01535
Tekscan - Pressure Mapping, Force Measurement and Tactile Sensors. https://www.tekscan.com/products-solutions/pressure-mapping-sensors/4000. In; 2016.
- Detrimental effects of overstuffing or understuffing with a radial head replacement in the medial collateral-ligament deficient elbow.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2004; 86-A: 2629-2635
- The kinematic importance of radial neck length in radial head replacement.Méd. Eng. Phys. 2005; 27: 336-342https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2004.04.011
- The effect of the orientation of the radial head on the kinematics of the ulnohumeral joint and force transmission through the radiocapitellar joint.Clin. Biomech. 2006; 21: 554-559https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2006.01.006
- Knee joint reaction force during tibial diaphyseal lengthening: a study on a rabbit model.J. Biomech. 2004; 37: 1053-1059https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2003.11.02