- •Carpal arch and median nerve morphology and position changed with wrist deviations.
- •Arch-nerve positioning relationship changed with wrist deviation.
- •Morphological and positional changes were dependent on wrist deviation directions.
- •Minimal changes were observed in deviations associated with dart-throwing motion.
- •Findings have implications for pathomorphological and pathokinematic changes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Some biomechanical aspects of the carpal tunnel.J. Biomech. 1979; 12: 567-570
- An MRI evaluation of carpal tunnel dimensions in healthy wrists: implications for carpal tunnel syndrome.Clin. Biomech. 2006; 21: 816-825
- Clinical Mechanics of the Hand.Mosby Incorporated, 1999
- Use of sonography in carpal tunnel syndrome surgery.Neurol. Med. Chir. 2007; 47: 109-115
- In vivo radiocarpal kinematics and the dart thrower’s motion.JBJS. 2005; 87: 2729-2740
- Risk factors for carpal tunnel syndrome.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1990; 132: 1102-1110
- A histological and immunohistochemical study of the subsynovial connective tissue in idiopathic carpal tunnel syndrome.JBJS. 2004; 86: 1458-1466
- Dynamic changes of the transverse carpal arch during flexion-extension of the wrist: effects of sectioning the transverse carpal ligament.The Journal of hand surgery. 1992; 17: 1017-1019
- Reduced movement of median nerve in carpal tunnel during wrist flexion in patients with non-specific arm pain.Lancet. 1999; 354: 217-218
- Median nerve compression can be detected by magnetic resonance imaging of the carpal tunnel.Neurosurgery. 1997; 41: 76-83
- Anatomical relations in the carpal tunnel: a computed tomographic study.Journal of Hand Surgery. 1987; 12: 1-4
- The effects of tendon load and posture on carpal tunnel pressure.The Journal of hand surgery. 1997; 22: 628-634
- Pathophysiology of nerve compression.Hand Clin. 2002; 18: 231-241
- Carpal arch and median nerve changes during radioulnar wrist compression in carpal tunnel syndrome patients.J. Orthop. Res. 2016; 34: 1234-1240
- Effect of grip type, wrist motion, and resistance level on pressures within the carpal tunnel of normal wrists.J. Orthop. Res. 2014; 32: 524-530
- The scaphotrapezio-trapezoidal joint. Part 2: a kinematic study.The Journal of hand surgery. 2000; 25: 911-920
- The scaphotrapezio-trapezoidal joint. Part 1: an antomic and radiographic study.The Journal of hand surgery. 2000; 25: 899-910
- The triquetrum-hamate joint: an anatomic and in vivo three-dimensional kinematic study.The Journal of hand surgery. 2003; 28: 797-805
- Idiopathic carpal tunnel syndrome: histologic study of flexor tendon synovium.The Journal of hand surgery. 1990; 15: 497-503
- Carpal tunnel changes and median nerve compression during wrist flexion and extension seen by magnetic resonance imaging.The Journal of hand surgery. 1990; 15: 934-939
- Prevalence and work-relatedness of self-reported carpal tunnel syndrome among US workers: analysis of the Occupational Health Supplement data of 1988 National Health Interview Survey.Am. J. Ind. Med. 1995; 27: 451-470
- Altered median nerve deformation and transverse displacement during wrist movement in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome.Acad. Radiol. 2014; 21: 472-480
- Transverse ultrasound assessment of median nerve deformation and displacement in the human carpal tunnel during wrist movements.Ultrasound Med. Biol. 2014; 40: 53-61
- Scaphoid and lunate motion during a wrist dart throw motion.The Journal of hand surgery. 2004; 29: 418-422
- The dart-throwing motion of the wrist: is it unique to humans?.The Journal of hand surgery. 2006; 31: 1429-1437
- Changes in carpal tunnel shape during wrist joint motion MRI evaluation of normal volunteers.The Journal of Hand Surgery: British & European Volume. 1993; 18: 620-623