- •The sagittal plane pelvis movements were significantly different between trimesters.
- •Dimensions of pelvis positively correlated with its rotation and tilt in late pregnancy.
- •Pelvic mobility did not correlate with pain in the gravid women.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The effect of pregnancy on footprint parameters. A prospective investigation.J. Am. Podiatr. Med. Assoc. 1999; 89: 405-409
- Temporal and spatial parameters of gait during pregnancy.Acta Bioeng. Biomech. 2015; 17: 93-101https://doi.org/10.5277/ABB-00092-2014-03
- Adaptive changes in spatiotemporal gait characteristics in women during pregnancy.Gait Posture. 2016; 43: 160-164
- Three-dimensional kinematic adaptations of gait throughout pregnancy and post-partum.Scientifica. 2015; 580374https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/580374
- Changes in joint laxity occurring during pregnancy, an Rheum diseases.. 1982; 41: 126-128
- Exercise, posture, and back pain during pregnancy.Clin. Biomech. 1995; 10: 98-103
- Fatigability of back extensor muscles and low back pain during pregnancy.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2010; 25: 1-5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2009.09.011
- The relationship between trunk and pelvis kinematics during pregnancy trimesters.Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2016; 18https://doi.org/10.5277/ABB-00544-2016-03
- Gait assessment of the expectant mothers – systematic review.Gait Posture. 2018; 62: 7-19
- rogressive Changes in Walking Kinematics Throughout Pregnancy - a follow up study.Gait and Posture. 2019; 68: 518-524
- A biomechanical analysis of gait during pregnancy.J. Bone Jt Surg Am. 2000; 82: 625-632
- Soft tissue deformations contribute to the mechanics of walking in obese adults.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2015; 47: 1435-1443https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0000000000000554
- Trunk motion and gait characteristics of pregnant women when walking: report of a longitudinal study with a control group.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2013; 13: 71https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2393-13-71
- Analysis of ground reaction force in gait during different phases of pregnancy.Kinesiology. 2015; 47: 236-241
- Relaxin and its role in pregnancy.Endocrinol and Metabolism Clinics of North America. 1995; 24: 171-186
- Hominin obstetrics and the evolution of constraints.Evol. Biol. 2013; 40: 57-75
- The gait analysis of pregnant women. Biomechanical Engineering – Applications.Basis & Communications. 2002; 14: 67-70
- Balance (perceived and actual) and preferred stance width during pregnancy.Clin. Biomech. (Bristol, Avon). 2008; 23: 468-476
- The human pelvis: variation in structure and function during gait.Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2017; 300: 633-642https://doi.org/10.1002/ar.23552
- The pregnant “waddle”: an evaluation of torso kinematics in pregnancy.J. Biomech. 2014; 47: 2964-2968
- Assessment and treatment of low back pain in working pregnant women.Semin. Perinatol. 1996; 20: 61-69
- Center of body mass and the evolution of female body shape.Am J Human Biol. 2003; 15: 144-150
- Human Biology. A Guide to Field Methods. Published for the International Biological Programme by Davis, Philadelphia.1969 (IBP Handbook No. 9)
- Fetal load and the evolution of lumbar lordosis in bipedal hominins.Nature. 2007; 450: 1075-U11
- Foot anatomy specialization for postural sensation and control.J. Neurophysiol. 2012; 107: 1513-1521https://doi.org/10.1152/jn.00256.2011
Wu, W.H., Meijer, O.G., Lamoth, C.J.C., Uegaki K., J.H. Van Dieen, Wuisman, P.I.J.M. de Vries, J.I.P., Beek, P.J. 2004a. Gait coordination in pregnancy: transverse pelvic and thoracic rotations and their relative phase. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon), 19(5), 480–488. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2004.02.003.
- Pregnancy-related pain in the pelvis (PPP) I: terminology, clinical presentation, and prevalence.Eur. Spine J. 2004; 13: 575-589https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-003-0615-y
- Gait in Pregnancy-related Pelvic girdle Pain: amplitudes, timing, and coordination of horizontal trunk rotations.Eur. Spine J. 2008; 17: 1160-1169