- •When terminating gait, negative limb work is done to arrest centre-of-mass velocity.
- •Investigated negative limb work done to halt ramp descent in transfemoral amputees
- •Determined how microprocessor limb-system affected negative work done by each limb
- •Increase in prosthetic side work suggests participants more assured using prosthesis.
- •Suggests limb system should facilitate locomotion over changing terrains.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Abdulhasan, Z.M.,Buckley, J.G., Gait Termination on Declined Compared to Level Surface; Contribution of Terminating and Trailing Limb Work in Arresting Center of Mass Velocity. (In review)
- Comparison of four different categories of prosthetic feet during ramp ambulation in unilateral transtibial amputees.Prosthetics Orthot. Int. 2015; 39: 380-389
- Performance of conventional and X2® prosthetic knees during slope descent.Clin. Biomech. 2016; 33: 26-31
- Comparative biomechanical analysis of current microprocessor-controlled prosthetic knee joints.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2010; 91: 644-652
- Immediate effects of a new microprocessor-controlled prosthetic knee joint: a comparative biomechanical evaluation.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2012; 93: 541-549
- Institution Code of Practice for the Design of Buildings and their Approaches to meet the Needs of Disabled People BSI.2009
- Impact of stance phase microprocessor-controlled knee prosthesis on ramp negotiation and community walking function in K2 level transfemoral amputees.Prosthetics Orthot. Int. 2012; 36: 95-104
- Position and orientation in space of bones during movement: anatomical frame definition and determination.Clin. Biomech. 1995; 10: 171-178
- Changes in gait when anticipating slippery floors.Gait Posture. 2002; 15: 159-171
- Attenuation of centre-of-pressure trajectory fluctuations under the prosthetic foot when using an articulating hydraulic ankle attachment compared to fixed attachment.Clin. Biomech. 2013; 28: 218-224
- Mechanical work for step-to-step transitions is a major determinant of the metabolic cost of human walking.J. Exp. Biol. 2002; 205: 3717-3727
- Biomechanical analysis of ramp ambulation of transtibial amputees with an adaptive ankle foot system.Gait Posture. 2010; 32: 191-198
- Mechanical work performed by the individual legs during uphill and downhill walking.J. Biomech. 2012; 45: 257-262
- Comparison of methods for the calculation of energy storage and return in a dynamic elastic response prosthesis.J. Biomech. 2000; 33: 1745-1750
- Evaluation of function, performance, and preference as transfemoral amputees transition from mechanical to microprocessor control of the prosthetic knee.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2007; 88: 207-217
- Ramp descent performance with the C-Leg and interrater reliability of the Hill assessment index.Prosthetics Orthot. Int. 2013; 37: 362-368
- Stair ascent and ramp gait training with the Genium knee.Technol Innov. 2014; 15: 349-358
- A cyber expert system for auto-tuning powered prosthesis impedance control parameters.Ann. Biomed. Eng. 2016; 44: 1613-1624
- Controlling horizontal deceleration during gait termination in transfemoral amputees: measurements and simulations.Med. Eng. Phys. 2013; 35: 583-590
- Kinematic and kinetic comparison of downhill and level walking.Clin. Biomech. 1995; 10: 79-84
- The effects of sloped surfaces on locomotion: a kinematic and kinetic analysis.J. Biomech. 2006; 39: 1621-1628
- Improving finite state impedance control of active-transfemoral prosthesis using dempster-Shafer based state transition rules.J. Intell. Robot. Syst. 2014; 76: 461-474
- Differences in knee flexion between the Genium and C-Leg microprocessor knees while walking on level ground and ramps.Clin. Biomech. 2015; 30: 175-181
- Biomechanics of descending ramps.Gait Posture. 1997; 6: 119-125
- Outcomes associated with the use of microprocessor-controlled prosthetic knees among individuals with unilateral transfemoral limb loss: a systematic review.JPO: Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics. 2013; 25 (P4-P40)
- A new method for estimating joint parameters from motion data.J. Biomech. 2005; 38: 107-116
- Biomechanics of ramp descent in unilateral trans-tibial amputees: comparison of a microprocessor controlled foot with conventional ankle-foot mechanisms.Clin. Biomech. 2015; 32: 164-170
- A Powered Self-contained Knee and Ankle Prosthesis for near Normal Gait in Transfemoral Amputees.Vanderbilt University, 2009
- Evolution of vaulting strategy during locomotion of individuals with transfemoral amputation on slopes and cross-slopes compared to level walking.Clin. Biomech. 2015; 30: 623-628
- Uphill and downhill walking in unilateral lower limb amputees.Gait Posture. 2008; 28: 235-242