- •Irregular surface posed a greater challenge to maintain balance for Parkinsonian gait.
- •The ankle transverse range of motion was significantly larger on irregular surface.
- •Parkinsonian gait showed a smaller knee sagittal range of motion than controls.
- •Parkinsonian gait indicated a relatively large root mean square of trunk acceleration.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The circumstances of falls among people with Parkinson's disease and the use of falls diaries to facilitate reporting.Disabil. Rehabil. 2008; 30: 1205-1212
- Circumstances and consequences of falls in independent community-dwelling older adults.Age Ageing. 1997; 26: 261-268
- Can people with Parkinson's disease improve dual tasking when walking?.Gait Posture. 2010; 31: 229-233
- Fall-related factors and risk of hip fracture: the EPIDOS prospective study.Lancet. 1996; 348: 145-149
- Epidemiology of Parkinson's disease.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 525-535
- Determining functional mobility using the modified timed up and go test: effects of sensory manipulations.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 2006; 54: 1157-1158
- Balance and fear of falling in Parkinson's disease.Parkinsonism Relat. Disord. 2005; 11: 427-433
- Fall risk factors in Parkinson's disease.J. Neurosci. Nurs. 2000; 32: 222-228
- An overhead harness and trolly system for balance and ambulation assessment and training.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 1993; 74: 220-223
- Torso force feedback realistically simulates slope on treadmill-style locomotion interfaces.Int. J. Robot. Res. 2001; 20: 939-952
- A kinematic and electromyographic analysis of turning in people with Parkinson disease.Neurorehabil. Neural Repair. 2009; 23: 166-176
- Direction-specific postural instability in subjects with Parkinson's disease.Exp. Neurol. 2005; 193: 504-521
- The impact of deep brain stimulation on executive function in Parkinson's disease.Brain. 2000; 123: 1142-1154
- Upper body accelerations during walking in healthy young and elderly men.Gait Posture. 2004; 20: 291-298
- Lumbar and cervical erector spinae fatigue elicit compensatory postural responses to assist in maintaining head stability during walking.J. Appl. Physiol. 2006; 101: 1118-1126
- Age-related changes in gait for multi-surface terrain.Gait Posture. 2008; 27: 689-696
- Age-related changes in lower trunk coordination and energy transfer during gait.J. Neurophysiol. 2001; 85: 1923-1931
- Effects of walking surfaces and footwear on temporo-spatial gait parameters in young and older people.Gait Posture. 2009; 29: 392-397
- Age-related differences in walking stability.Age Ageing. 2003; 32: 137-142
- Acceleration patterns of the head and pelvis when walking on level and irregular surfaces.Gait Posture. 2003; 18: 35-46
- Virtual reality for gait training: can it induce motor learning to enhance complex walking and reduce fall risk in patients with Parkinson's disease?.J. Gerontol. Ser. A Biol. Sci. Med. Sci. 2010; 66(: 234-240
- Long-term effect of body weight–supported treadmill training in Parkinson's disease: a randomized controlled trial.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2002; 83: 1370-1373
- Three-dimensional gait biomechanics in Parkinson's disease: evidence for a centrally mediated amplitude regulation disorder.Mov. Disord. 2005; 20: 40-50
- Treatment of early Parkinson's disease.Curr. Opin. Neurol. 2014; 27: 442-449
- Gait and step training to reduce falls in Parkinson's disease.NeuroRehabilitation. 2005; 20: 183-190
- Effects of external cues on gait parameters of Parkinson's disease patients: a systematic review.Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 2014; 124: 127-134
- Lateral stability and falls in older people.Exerc. Sport Sci. Rev. 2003; 31: 182-187
- Gait analysis comparing Parkinson's disease with healthy elderly subjects.Arq. Neuropsiquiatr. 2010; 68: 81-86
- Parkinson's disease.Lancet. 2004; 363: 1783-1793
- Quantitative gait analysis in Parkinson's disease: comparison with a healthy control group.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2005; 86: 1007-1013
- Effects of surface irregularity and lighting on step variability during gait: a study in healthy young and older women.Gait Posture. 2005; 22: 26-31
- Stability boundaries and lateral postural control in Parkinson's disease.Mot. Control. 2001; 5: 254-269
- Biomechanics and energetics of walking on uneven terrain.J. Exp. Biol. 2013; 216: 3963-3970
- Evaluation of a force plate system for measuring center of pressure in railroad ballast.Gait Posture. 2016; 46: 179-183