- •Coordination variability was similar between uninjured and injured runners.
- •Exertion had minimal impact on coordination variability in all runners.
- •Presence or absence of pain did not appear to alter coordination variability.
- •Runners with iliotibial band syndrome had variable responses to the run to exertion.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Circular Statistics in Biology.Academic Press, London; New York1981 (371 pp.)
- Psychophysical bases of perceived exertion.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 1982; 14: 377-381
- The effects of fatigue on lower extremity kinematics, kinetics and joint coupling in symptomatic female runners with iliotibial band syndrome.Clin. Biomech. 2016; 39: 84-90
- Quantifying rearfoot-forefoot coordination in human walking.J. Biomech. 2008; 41: 3101-3105
- Coupling angle variability in healthy and patellofemoral pain runners.Clin. Biomech. 2014; 29: 317-322
- Lower extremity joint coupling during running: a current update.Clin. Biomech. 2004; 19: 983-991
- The effects of running in an exerted state on lower extremity kinematics and joint timing.J. Biomech. 2010; 43: 2993-2998
- Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale.Pain. 2001; 94: 149-158
- Competitive female runners with a history of iliotibial band syndrome demonstrate atypical hip and knee kinematics.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 2010; 40: 52-58
- Frontal plane running biomechanics in female runners with previous iliotibial band syndrome.J. Appl. Biomech. 2014; 30: 58-65
- Associations between iliotibial band injury status and running biomechanics in women.Gait Posture. 2015; 41: 706-710
- Incidence and determinants of lower extremity running injuries in long distance runners: a systematic review.Br. J. Sports Med. 2007; 41 (discussion 480): 469-480
- Kinematic classification of iliotibial band syndrome in runners.Scand. J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2011; 21: 184-189
- Variability of segment coordination using a vector coding technique: reliability analysis for treadmill walking and running.Gait Posture. 2016; 51: 222-227
- Changes in coordination and its variability with an increase in running cadence.J. Sports Sci. 2016; 34: 1388-1395
- A dynamical systems approach to lower extremity running injuries.Clin. Biomech. 1999; 14: 297-308
- A prospective study of iliotibial band strain in runners.Clin. Biomech. 2008; 23: 1018-1025
- Coordinative variability and overuse injury.Sports Med. Arthrosc. Rehabil. Ther. Technol. 2012; 4: 45
- Variability of stride characteristics and joint coordination among individuals with unilateral patellofemoral pain.J. Appl. Biomech. 2002; 18: 110-121
- Using the variability of continuous relative phase as a measure to discriminate between healthy and injured runners.Hum. Mov. Sci. 2012; 31: 683-694
- Moving differently in pain: a new theory to explain the adaptation to pain.Pain. 2011; 152: S90-S98
- Influence of custom foot orthotic intervention on lower extremity intralimb coupling during a 30-minute run.J. Appl. Biomech. 2010; 26: 390-399
- Running injury and stride time variability over a prolonged run.Gait Posture. 2011; 33: 36-40
- Lower extremity mechanics of iliotibial band syndrome during an exhaustive run.Gait Posture. 2007; 26: 407-413
- Continuous relative phase variability during an exhaustive run in runners with a history of iliotibial band syndrome.J. Appl. Biomech. 2008; 24: 262-270
- Variability in kinematic coupling assessed by vector coding and continuous relative phase.J. Biomech. 2010; 43: 2554-2560
- Coordination, control and skill.in: Goodman D. Wilberg R.B. Advances in Psychology. Elsevier, Amsterdam1985: 295-317
- ASB clinical biomechanics award winner 2006 prospective study of the biomechanical factors associated with iliotibial band syndrome.Clin. Biomech. 2007; 22: 951-956
- A new method for estimating joint parameters from motion data.J. Biomech. 2005; 38: 107-116
- Low back pain status affects pelvis-trunk coordination and variability during walking and running.Clin. Biomech. 2011; 26: 572-578
- A retrospective case-control analysis of 2002 running injuries.Br. J. Sports Med. 2002; 36: 95-101
- Dynamic loading on the human musculoskeletal system — effect of fatigue.Clin. Biomech. 1998; 13: 515-520