- •A modified fixation for Ludloff osteotomy is proposed utilizing a mini locking plate.
- •Fourth generation composite 1st metatarsals underwent quasi-static monotonic load up to failure or fatigue (cyclic) tests.
- •The specimens were tracked using an optical system for 3D Digital Image Correlation.
- •The developed osteotomy gap was significantly lower in the modified fixation group.
- •The lateral angle change was significantly lower in the modified fixation group.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mechanical comparison of cyclic loading in five different first metatarsal shaft osteotomies.Foot Ankle Int. 2002; 23: 711-716
- Distal linear osteotomy compared to oblique diaphyseal osteotomy in moderate to severe hallux valgus.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 479-486
- Clinical results with the Ludloff osteotomy for correction of adult hallux valgus.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 532-536
- Comparison of the proximal Chevron and Ludloff osteotomies for the correction of hallux valgus.Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30: 1154-1160
- Additional surgical factors affecting the recurrence of hallux valgus after Ludloff osteotomy.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95-B: 803-808
- Plate fixation for crescentic metatarsal osteotomy in the treatment of hallux valgus: an eight year follow up study.Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29: 29-33
- Prospective, randomized comparison of proximal crescentic and proximal chevron osteotomies for correction of hallux valgus deformity.Foot Ankle Int. 1996; 17: 307-316
- Bunion surgery using locking-plate fixation of proximal metatarsal Chevron osteotomies.Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28: 361-368
- Mechanical evaluation of large size fourth generation composite femur and tibia models.Ann. Biomed. Eng. 2010; 38: 613-620
- Structural properties of fourth-generation composite femurs and tibias.J. Biomech. 2008; 41: 3282-3284
- Biomechanical comparison of screws and plates for hallux valgus opening-wedge and Ludloff osteotomies.Clin. Biomech. 2008; 23: 101-108
- The influence of patient age and bone mineral density on osteotomy fixation stability after hallux valgus surgery: a biomechanical study.Clin. Biomech. 2016; 32: 255-260
- Complex distal humerus fractures-comparison of polyaxial locking and nonlocking screw configurations - a preliminary biomechanical study.J. Orthop. Trauma. 2014; 28: 130-136
- Transcortical screw fixation of the olecranon shows equivalent strength and improved stability compared with tension band fixation.J. Orthop. Trauma. 2014; 28: 137-142
- Supplementary axial Kirschner wire fixation for crescentic and Ludloff proximal metatarsal osteotomies: a biomechanical study.Foot Ankle Int. 2005; 26: 620-626
- A comparative biomechanical study for complex tibial plateau fractures: nailing and compression bolts versus modern and traditional plating.Injury. 2013; 44: 1333-1339
- Strength of fixation constructs for basilar osteotomies of the first metatarsal.Foot Ankle. 1992; 13: 509-514
- Initial vascularization and tissue differentiation are influenced by fixation stability.J. Orthop. Res. 2005; 23: 639-645
- Surgical treatment of severe hallux valgus deformity: the state of practice among academic foot and ankle surgeons.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 1024-1029
- Prospective comparative study of the Scarf and Ludloff osteotomies in the treatment of hallux valgus.Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30: 955-963
- Surgical correction of moderate and severe hallux valgus: proximal metatarsal osteotomy with distal soft tissue correction and arthrodesis of the metatarsophalangeal joint.Instr. Course Lect. 2008; 57: 415-428
- The Ludloff osteotomy: a critical analysis.J. Foot Ankle Surg. 1997; 36: 100-105
- Clinical tip: stabilization of the proximal Ludloff osteotomy.Foot Ankle Int. 2005; 26: 579-581
- Biomechanical comparison of hallux valgus correction using the proximal chevron osteotomy fixed with a medial locking plate and the Ludloff osteotomy fixed with two screws.Clin. Biomech. 2010; 25: 271-276
- Locking plates: tips and tricks.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2007; 89: 2298-2307
- Mini locking plate as “Medial Buttress” for oblique osteotomy for hallux valgus.Foot Ankle Int. 2010; 31: 920-922
- Forces acting on the metatarsals during normal gait.J. Anat. 1979; 129: 579-590
- Basal closing wedge osteotomy for correction of metatarsus primus varus: 10- to 22-year follow-up.Foot Ankle Int. 1999; 20: 171-177
- Six first metatarsal shaft osteotomies: mechanical and immobilization comparisons.Clin. Orthop. 2000; 381: 256-265
- Intermediate-term results of the Ludloff osteotomy in one hundred and eleven feet.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2008; 90: 531-539
- Mechanical comparison of two types of fixation for Ludloff oblique first metatarsal osteotomy.J. Foot Ankle Surg. 2011; 50: 699-702
- Comparison of screw-fixation stabilities of first metatarsal shaft osteotomies: a biomechanical study.Acta Orthop. Traumatol. Turc. 2010; 44: 70-75