- •Stability with a thermo-formable brace and fiberglass cast was evaluated in fractured arms.
- •Fracture fragment movement under increasing load was measured radiographically.
- •Gross fragment movement was measured under 4.5N of load in the non-stabilized forearm.
- •Stabilization with the brace and cast eliminated fracture fragment motion under the 4.5N load.
- •There was no difference in fragment movement between braced and casted forearms under 67N.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The direct and indirect costs of long bone fractures in a working age US population.J. Med. Econ. 2013; 16: 169-178
- Principles of casting and splinting.Am. Fam. Physician. 2009; 79: 16-22
- Closed manipulation and casting of distal radius fractures.Hand Clin. 2005; 21: 307-316
- Algodystrophy after Colles fractures is associated with secondary tightness of casts.J. Bone Joint Surg. (Br.). 1994; 76: 901-905
- Avoidance and treatment of complications of distal radius fractures.Hand Clin. 2005; 21: 295-305
- Cast and splint immobilization: complications.J. Am. Acad. Orthop. Surg. 2008; 16: 30-40
- Health care expenditures associated with skeletal fractures among medicare beneficiaries, 1999–2005.J. Bone Miner. Res. 2009; 24: 2050-2055
- Epidemiology of distal radius fractures and factors predicting risk and prognosis.J. Hand Ther. 2016; 29: 136-145
- Number and locations of screw fixation for volar fixed-angle plating of distal radius fractures: biomechanical study.J. Hand. Surg. [Am.]. 2010; 35: 885-891
- A biomechanical comparison of volar locked plating of intra-articular distal radius fractures: use of 4 versus 7 screws for distal fixation.J. Hand. Surg. [Am.]. 2011; 36: 1907-1911
- The effects of screw length on stability of simulated osteoporotic distal radius fractures fixed with volar locking plates.J. Hand. Surg. [Am.]. 2012; 37: 446-453
- The effectiveness of bivalving, cast spreading, and webril cutting to reduce cast pressure in a fiberglass short arm cast.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2015; 97: 374-380