- •The dynamic scapular kinematics and scapular asymmetry were evaluated.
- •A novel approach was used to quantify scapular asymmetry.
- •Kinematic differences were observed between healthy controls and participants with impingement.
- •The scapular movement was more asymmetrical in participants with impingement.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mobility and stability adaptations in the shoulder of the overhead athlete: a theoretical and evidence-based perspective.Sports Med. 2008; 38: 17-36
- Impingement syndrome and rotator cuff disease as repetitive motion disorders.Clin. Orthop. Rel. Res. 1998; 351: 95-101
- Radiographic assessment of scapular rotational tilt in chronic shoulder impingement syndrome.J. Orthop. Sci. 2001; 6: 3-10
- Influence of age on scapulo-thoracic orientation.Clin. Biomech. 2004; 19 (Bristol, Avon): 1009-1013
- Feedforward activity of the cervical flexor muscles during voluntary arm movements is delayed in chronic neck pain.Exp. Brain Res. 2004; 157: 43-48
- Bilateral analysis of the knee and ankle during gait: an examination of the relationship between lateral dominance and symmetry.Phys. Ther. 1989; 69: 640-650
- Reliability and minimal detectable change of 3-dimensional scapular orientation in individuals with and without shoulder impingement.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 2014; 44: 341-349
- Impingement syndrome in athletes.Am. J. Sports Med. 1980; 8: 151-158
- Scapular behavior in shoulder impingement syndrome.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2002; 83: 60-69
- Asymmetries in ground reaction force patterns in normal human gait.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 1989; 21: 110-114
- Altered trunk muscle recruitment in people with low back pain with upper limb movement at different speeds.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 1999; 80: 1005-1012
- Observations of the function of the shoulder joint. 1944.Clin. Orthop. Rel. Res. 1996; : 3-12
- Dynamic measurements of three-dimensional scapular kinematics: a validation study.J. Biomech. Eng. 2001; 123: 184-190
- The role of the scapula in athletic shoulder function.Am. J. Sports Med. 1998; 26: 325-337
- A comparison of 3D scapular kinematics between dominant and nondominant shoulders during multiplanar arm motion.Indian J. Orthop. 2013; 47: 135
- Alterations in shoulder kinematics and associated muscle activity in people with symptoms of shoulder impingement.Phys. Ther. 2000; 80: 276-291
- The association of scapular kinematics and glenohumeral joint pathologies.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 2009; 39: 90-104
- Comparison of 3-dimensional scapular position and orientation between subjects with and without shoulder impingement.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 1999; 29: 574-583
- Orthopaedic Physical Assessment.W.B. Saunders Co, Philedelphia1997
- In vivo 3-dimensional analysis of scapular kinematics: comparison of dominant and nondominant shoulders.J. Shoulder Elb. Surg. 2011; 20: 659-665
- Dynamic in vivo glenohumeral kinematics during scapular plane abduction in healthy shoulders.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 2012; 42: 96-104
- Shoulder function and 3-dimensional scapular kinematics in people with and without shoulder impingement syndrome.Phys. Ther. 2006; 86: 1075-1090
- In vivo estimation of the glenohumeral joint rotation center from scapular bony landmarks by linear regression.J. Biomech. 1998; 31: 93-96
- Impingement lesions.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1983; 173: 70-77
- Asymmetric resting scapular posture in healthy overhead athletes.J. Athl. Train. 2008; 43: 565-570
- Use of force platform variables to quantify the effects of chiropractic manipulation on gait symmetry.J. Manip. Physiol. Ther. 1987; 10: 172-176
- Scapular positioning and movement in unimpaired shoulders, shoulder impingement syndrome, and glenohumeral instability Scapular positioning and motor control in children and adults: a laboratory study using clinical measures.Scan. J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2011; 21: 352-358
- The repeatability of scapular rotations across three planes of humeral elevation.Res. Sports Med. 2005; 13: 181-198
- Scapular kinematics and subacromial-impingement syndrome: a meta-analysis.J. Sport Rehabil. 2012; 21: 354-370
- An assessment of the interexaminer reliability of tests for shoulder instability.J. Shoulder Elb. Surg. 2004; 13: 18-23
- Evaluation of clinical assessment methods for scapular dyskinesis.Arthroscopy. 2009; 25: 1240-1248
- Recruitment patterns of the scapular rotator muscles in freestyle swimmers with subacromial impingement.Int. J. Sports Med. 1997; 18: 618-624
- Scapulothoracic motion in normal shoulders and shoulders with glenohumeral instability and impingement syndrome a study using Moire topographic analysis.Clin. Orthop. Rel. Res. 1992; 285: 191-199
- ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate systems of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion—part II: shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.J. Biomech. 2005; 38: 981-992
- Analysis of the scapulohumeral rhythm and electromyography of the shoulder muscles during elevation and lowering: comparison of dominant and nondominant shoulders.J. Shoulder Elb. Surg. 2009; 18: 756-763
- The symmetry angle: a novel, robust method of quantifying asymmetry.Gait Posture. 2008; 27: 622-627