- •A thigh holster has less effect on hip kinematics than a belt mounted hip holster.
- •Load carriage worn by police affects trunk rotation.
- •Ankle moments and powers are significantly affected by load carriage.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evaluation of gait symmetry in poliomyelitis subjects: comparison of a conventional knee-ankle-foot orthosis and a new powered knee-ankle-foot orthosis.Prosthetics Orthot. Int. 2015;
- The effect of load distribution within military load carriage systems on the kinetics of human gait.Appl. Ergon. 2010; 41: 585-590
- The effect of military load carriage on ground reaction forces.Gait Posture. 2007; 26: 611-614
- Comparison of four methods of calculating the symmetry of spatial–temporal parameters of gait.Acta Bioeng. Biomech. 2014; 16: 29-35
- An alternative technical marker set for the pelvis is more repeatable than the standard pelvic marker set.Gait Posture. 2013; 38: 1032-1037
- Back pain in a large Canadian police force.Spine. 1998; 23: 821-827
- Response time, pistol fire position variability, and pistol draw success rates for hip and thigh holsters.Hum. Factors. 2013; 55: 425-434
- Surface-marker cluster design criteria for 3-D bone movement reconstruction.IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 1997; 44: 1165-1174
- Impact of police body armour and equipment on mobility.Appl. Ergon. 2013; 44: 957-961
- Polisens arbetsmiljö 2013-Delrapport 2(3).Jönköping University, Jönköping2013
- Can load carriage system weight, design and placement affect pain and discomfort? A systematic review.J. Back Musculoskelet. Rehabil. 2011; 24: 1-16
- Load carriage using packs: a review of physiological, biomechanical and medical aspects.Appl. Ergon. 1996; 27: 207-216
- How do load carriage and walking speed influence trunk coordination and stride parameters?.J. Biomech. 2003; 36: 87-95
- Human movement analysis using stereophotogrammetry: part 3. Soft tissue artifact assessment and compensation.Gait Posture. 2005; 21: 212-225
- Effects of obesity on lower extremity muscle function during walking at two speeds.Gait Posture. 2014; 39: 978-984
- The influence of officer equipment and protection on short sprinting performance.Appl. Ergon. 2015; 47: 65-71
- Load carriage for fun: a survey of New Zealand trampers, their activities and injuries.Appl. Ergon. 2004; 35: 541-547
- The reliability of three-dimensional kinematic gait measurements: a systematic review.Gait Posture. 2009; 29: 360-369
- Soldier occupational load carriage: a narrative review of associated injuries.Int. J. Inj. Control Saf. Promot. 2014; 21: 388-396
- Assessment of gait symmetry in transfemoral amputees using C-leg compared with 3R60 prosthetic knees.J. Prosthetics Orthot. 2010; 22: 106-112
- Energy-speed relation and optimal speed during level walking.Int. Z. Angew. Physiol. 1958; 17: 277-283
- Musculoskeletal injuries in the workplace: perceptions of Swedish police.Int. J. Police Sci. Mgmt. 2012; 14: 334
- Evaluation of load carriage systems used by active duty police officers: relative effects on walking patterns and perceived comfort.Appl. Ergon. 2016; 53: 36-43
- Use of force platform variables to quantify the effects of chiropractic manipulation on gait symmetry.J. Manip. Physiol. Ther. 1987; 10: 172-176
- Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics.John Wiley & Sons, 2012
- Problems associated with police equipment carriage with body armour, including driving.Contemp. Ergon. 2008; 2008: 23