- •Individuals with patellofemoral pain presented reduced knee flexion during stair climbing.
- •Individuals with patellofemoral pain presented increased loading rates during stair climbing.
- •Reduced knee flexion as a mechanism of protection could generate increased loading rates.
- •Our findings suggest a focus on knee flexion compensations during functional movement tasks.
- Comparison of frequency and time domain electromyography parameters in women with patellofemoral pain.Clin. Biomech. 2015; 30: 302-307https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2014.12.014
- The roles of mechanical stresses in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis: Implications for treatment of joint injuries.Cartilage. 2013; 4: 286-294https://doi.org/10.1177/1947603513495889
- Effects of restricted knee flexion and walking speed on the vertical ground reaction force during gait.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 1997; 25: 236-244https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.1918.104.22.168
- Is patellofemoral osteoarthritis a common sequela of patellofemoral pain?.Br. J. Sports Med. 2014; 48: 409-410https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2014-093445
- Knee flexion during stair ambulation is altered in individuals with patellofemoral pain.J. Orthop. Res. 2004; 22: 267-274https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orthres.2003.08.014
- Reliability and differentiation capability of dynamic and static kinematic measurements of rearfoot eversion in patellofemoral pain.Clin. Biomech. 2015; 30: 144-148https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2014.12.009
- Altered gait biomechanics and increased knee-specific impairments in patients with coexisting tibiofemoral and patellofemoral osteoarthritis.Gait Posture. 2015; 41: 81-85https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2014.08.014
- Diagnostic accuracy of the electromyography parameters associated with anterior knee pain in the diagnosis of patellofemoral pain syndrome.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2014; 95: 1521-1526https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2014.03.028
- Kinematic analyses during stair descent in young women with patellofemoral pain.Clin. Biomech. 2009; 24: 88-94https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2008.09.004
- A comparison of foot/ground interaction during stair negotiation and level walking in young and older women.Ergonomics. 2005; 48: 1047-1056https://doi.org/10.1080/00140130500193665
- Measurement of lower extremity kinematics during level walking.J. Orthop. Res. 1990; 8: 383-392https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.1100080310
- Factors associated with patellofemoral pain syndrome: A systematic review.Br. J. Sports Med. 2013; 47: 193-206https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2011-090369
- Femur rotation increases patella cartilage stress in females with patellofemoral pain.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2015; (Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0000000000000617
- Loading and gait symmetry during level and stair walking in asymptomatic subjects with knee osteoarthritis: Importance of quadriceps femoris in reducing impact force during heel strike?.Knee. 2007; 14: 231-238https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2007.03.001
- Gait and muscle activation changes in men with knee osteoarthritis.Knee. 2010; 17: 69-76https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2009.05.003
- Biomechanics of stair walking and jumping.J. Sports Sci. 1991; 9: 137-149
- Springer, New York1984 Biomechanics of the Knee. 2nd ed.
- Landing strategies used by gymnasts on different surfaces.J. Appl. Biomech. 1994; 10: 237-252
- Secondary gait changes in patients with medial compartment knee osteoarthritis: Increased load at the ankle, knee, and hip during walking.Arthritis Rheum. 2005; 52: 2835-2844https://doi.org/10.1002/art.21262
- The influence of patellofemoral pain on lower limb loading during gait.Clin. Biomech. 1999; 14: 722-728
- Effect of prolonged walking on the joints of sheep.J. Biomech. 1982; 15: 487-492
- The heel strike transient, its relationship with the angular velocity of the shank, and the effect of quadriceps paralysis.in: Advances in Bioengineering, first edition. 1986: 121-123 (New York)
- Relationship between lower limb dynamics and knee joint pain.J. Orthop. Res. 1991; 9: 398-405https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.1100090312
- Lower mechanical pressure pain thresholds in female adolescents with patellofemoral pain syndrome.J. Orthop. Sports Phys. Ther. 2013; 43: 414-421https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2013.4383
- Lower extremity kinetics during stair ambulation in patients with and without patellofemoral pain.Clin. Biomech. 2001; 16: 906-912https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(01)00085-7
- Ground reaction forces on stairs: Effects of stair inclination and age.Gait Posture. 2005; 21: 24-38https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2003.11.003
- Is anterior knee pain a predisposing factor to patellofemoral osteoarthritis?.Knee. 2005; 12: 362-365https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2004.12.006
- 2009 (New York) Biomechanics and Motor Control of Human Movement. 4th ed.