- •Fmed is the combined effect of the total force magnitude and the force distribution.
- •Lateral foot loading increased Fmed due to an increase of total force.
- •Medial foot loading reduced Fmed due to a force shift to the lateral compartment.
- •Subjects achieved altered foot loading with partially diverse kinematic adaptations.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Osteoarthrosis of the knee. A radiographic investigation.Acta Radiol. Diagn. (Stockh). 1968; Suppl 277: 7-72
- Determination of typical patterns from strongly varying signals.Comput. Methods Biomech. Biomed. Eng. 2011; (October): 37-41
- Standardized loads acting in knee implants.PLoS One. 2014; 9
- Kinematic adaptations to a variable stiffness shoe: mechanisms for reducing joint loading.J. Biomech. 2012; 45: 1619-1624
- Center of pressure progression characteristics under the plantar region for elderly adults.Gait Posture. 2013; 37: 408-412
- Gait modification via verbal instruction and an active feedback system to reduce peak knee adduction moment.J. Biomech. Eng. 2010; 132: 071007
- Predicting changes in knee adduction moment due to load-altering interventions from pressure distribution at the foot in healthy subjects.J. Biomech. 2008; 41: 2989-2994
- Changes in in vivo knee loading with a variable-stiffness intervention shoe correlate with changes in the knee adduction moment..J. Orthop. Res. 2010; 28: 1548-1553
- Changes in knee adduction moment, pain, and functionality with a variable-stiffness walking shoe after 6 months.J. Orthop. Res. 2010; 28 (July): 873-879
- What causes knee osteoarthrosis: are different compartments susceptible to different risk factors?.J. Rheumatol. 1994; 21: 181-183
- Influence of limb alignment on mediolateral loading in total knee replacment.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2012; 94: 1023-1029
- Design, calibration and pre-clinical testing of an instrumented tibial tray.J. Biomech. 2007; 40: S4-S10
- ESB Clinical Biomechanics Award 2008: complete data of total knee replacement loading for level walking and stair climbing measured in vivo with a follow-up of 6–10 months.Clin. Biomech. 2009; 24: 315-326
- The weighted optimal common shape technique improves identification of the hip joint center of rotation in vivo.J. Orthop. Res. Off. Publ. Orthop. Res. Soc. 2011; 29: 1470-1475
- Lateral wedges in knee osteoarthritis: what are their immediate clinical and biomechanical effects and can these predict a three-month clinical outcome?.Arthritis Care Res. 2008; 59: 408-415
- Laterally wedged insoles in knee osteoarthritis: do biomechanical effects decline after one month of wear?.BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2009; 10: 146
- Lateral wedge insoles for medial knee osteoarthritis: effects on lower limb frontal plane biomechanics.Clin. Biomech. 2012; 27: 27-33
- An analysis of the mechanisms for reducing the knee adduction moment during walking using a variable stiffness shoe in subjects with knee osteoarthritis.J. Biomech. 2011; 44: 1271-1276
- Effects of laterally wedged insoles on knee and subtalar joint moments.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2005; 86: 1465-1471
- The effect of laterally wedged shoes on the loading of the medial knee compartment—in vivo measurements with instrumented knee implants..J. Orthop. Res. 2011; 29: 1910-1915
- Knee adduction moment and medial contact force—facts about their correlation during gait.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e81036
- Gait Analysis: Normal and Pathological Function.SLACK, 2010
- Bracing and orthoses: a review of efficacy and mechanical effects for tibiofemoral osteoarthritis.PM R J. Inj. Funct. Rehabil. 2012; 4: S89-S96
- Repeatability and reproducibility of OSSCA, a functional approach for assessing the kinematics of the lower limb.Gait Posture. 2010; 32: 231-236
Trepczynski, A., Kutzner, I., Bergmann, G., Taylor, W. R., and Heller, M. O., 2014. “Modulation of the relationship betwenn external knee adduction moments and medial joint contact forces across subjects and activities.”
- Dynamics of Human Gait.Kiboho, Cape Town, South Africa1999
- Real-time knee adduction moment feedback for gait retraining through visual and tactile displays.J. Biomech. Eng. 2011; 133: 041007