- •Investigation of the effects of foot orthoses on Achilles tendon loads during running.
- •Foot orthoses served to significantly reduce Achilles tendon loads.
- •Orthotics may serve to attenuate Achiles tendon injury risk in runners.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A treatment algorithm for managing Achilles tendinopathy: new treatment options.Br. J. Sports Med. 2007; 41: 211-216
- Position and orientation in space of bones during movement: anatomical frame definition and determination.Clin. Biomech. 1995; 10: 171-178
- Orthotic control of rear foot and lower limb motion during running in participants with chronic Achilles tendon injury.Sports Biomech. 2008; 7: 194-205
- Effectiveness of orthotic shoe inserts in the long-distance runner.Am. J. Sports Med. 1991; 19: 409-412
- Rehabilitation of Achilles and patellar tendinopathies.Best Pract. Res. Clin. Rheumatol. 2007; 21: 295-316
- Forefoot strikers exhibit lower running-induced knee loading than rearfoot strikers.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2013; 45: 2306-2313
- Foot strike patterns and collision forces in habitually barefoot versus shod runners.Nature. 2010; 463: 531-535
- Injuries in runners.Am. J. Sports Med. 1987; 15: 168-171
- Effects of short-term treatment strategies over 4 weeks in Achilles tendinopathy.Br. J. Sports Med. 2007; 41: S6
- Orthotic comfort is related to kinematics, kinetics, and EMG in recreational runners.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2003; 35: 1710-1719
- Electromyographic effects of foot orthotics on selected lower extremity muscles during running.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 1999; 80: 540-544
- Achilles tendon disorders in athletes.Am. J. Sports Med. 2002; 30: 287-305
- Ankle biomechanics during four landing techniques.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2001; 33: 1338-1344
- Overuse tendon injuries: basic science and classification.Oper. Tech. Sports Med. 1997; 5: 110-117
- Effects of barefoot and barefoot inspired footwear on knee and ankle loading during running.Clin. Biomech. 2014; 29: 395-399
- Influence of the helical and six available Cardan sequences on 3D ankle joint kinematic parameters.Sports Biomech. 2012; 11: 430-437
- The influence of different force measuring transducers on lower extremity kinematics.J. Appl. Biomech. 2013; 30: 166-172
- The influence of barefoot and barefoot-inspired footwear on the kinetics and kinematics of running in comparison to conventional running shoes.Footwear Sci. 2013; 5: 45-53
- Intrinsic gait-related risk factors for Achilles tendinopathy in novice runners: a prospective study.Gait Posture. 2008; 29: 387-391
☆University's Code of Conduct for Research can be found at the following web address: http://www.uclan.ac.uk/information/research/research_degrees/ethics_research_governance.php.