Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A kinematic comparison of overground and treadmill walking.Clin. Biomech. 1998; 13: 434-440
- Local dynamic stability versus kinematic variability of continuous overground and treadmill walking.J. Biomech. Eng. 2001; 123: 27-32
- Treadmill walking in old age may not reproduce the real life situation.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 1993; 41: 15-18
- Three-dimensional kinetics.in: Robertson D.G.E. Caldwell G.E. Hamil J. Kamen G. Whittlesey S.N. Research Methods in Biomechanics. Human kinetics, Windsor2004: 145-160
- Hemiparetic gait parameters in overground versus treadmill walking.Neurorehabil. Neural Repair. 2001; 15: 105-112
- Improved hemiparetic muscle activation in treadmill versus overground walking.Neurorehabil. Neural Repair. 2004; 18: 154-160
- Adaptive control of mechanical impedance by co activation of antagonist muscles.IEEE Trans. Automat. Control. 1984; 29: 681-690
Lee, S.J., Hidler, J., 2007. Biomechanics of overground versus treadmill walking in healthy individuals. J. Appl. Physiol. doi:10.1152/japplphysiol.01380.2006.
- Knee joint kinematics from familiarized treadmill walking can be generalized to overground walking in young unimpaired subjects.Gait Post. 2000; 11: 46-53
- Treadmill vs. floor walking: kinematics, electromyogram, and heart rate.J. Appl. Physiol. 1985; 59: 87-91
- Step width variability, but not step length variability or step time variability, discriminates gait of healthy young and older adults during treadmill locomotion.J. Biomech. 2004; 37: 935-938
- Electromyographic evidence of the acquisition of a motor skill. A pilot study.Phys. Ther. 1972; 52: 261-266
- Energy cost of treadmill and floor walking at self-selected paces.Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 1983; 52: 115-119
- A kinematic and kinetic comparison of overground and treadmill walking in healthy subjects.Gait Post. 2007; 26: 17-24
- Gait analysis during treadmill and overground locomotion in children and adults.Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiol. 1997; 105: 490-497
- Some fundamental aspects of the biomechanics of overground versus treadmill locomotion.Med. Sci. Sport. Exer. 1980; 12: 257-261
- Treadmill walking and overground walking of human subjects compared by recording sole–floor reaction force.Neurosci. Res. 2005; 53: 343-348
- Familiarization to treadmill walking in unimpaired older people.Gait Post. 2005; 21: 72-79
- Comparison of vertical ground reaction forces during overground and treadmill walking.Med. Sci. Sport. Exer. 1998; 30: 1537-1542
- Biomechanics and Motor Control of Human Gait: Normal Elderly and Pathological.second ed. University of Waterloo Press, Waterloo, ON1991