Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Biomechanics
Arthritis_Research_Campaign, 2002. Arthritis the big picture.
- A theoretical solution for the frictionless rolling contact of cylindrical biphasic articular cartilage layers.J. Biomech. 1995; 28: 1341-1355
- Influence of hyaluronic acid on the time-dependent friction response of articular cartilage under different conditions.Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. [H]. 2006; 220: 23-31
- Poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrogels for synthetic articular cartilage material.J. Biomed. Mater. Res. 1973; 7: 431-443
- The significance of the fine structure of articular cartilage.J. Bone Joint Surg. Br. 1968; 50: 852-857
- The potential of hydrogels as synthetic articular cartilage.Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. [H]. 1990; 204: 147-155
- Micro-elastohydrodynamic lubrication of synovial joints.Eng. Med. 1986; 15: 63-65
- Design considerations for cushion form bearings in artificial hip joints.Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. [H]. 1991; 205: 59-68
- The influence of loading time and lubricant on the friction of articular cartilage.Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. 1996; 210: 109-119
- The influence of continuous sliding and subsequent surface wear on the friction of articular cartilage.Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. [H]. 1999; 213: 329-345
Freeman, M.A.E.A., 1979. Adult Articular Cartilage.
- The movement of the normal tibio-femoral joint.J. Biomech. 2005; 38: 197-208
- Friction, wear, and lubrication of hydrogels as synthetic articular cartilage.Wear. 2000; 241: 129-135
- Wear of crosslinked polyethylene under different tribological conditions.J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Med. 2006; 17: 235-243
- Changes occurring in the surface morphology of articular cartilage during wear.Wear. 2000; 241: 143-150
- Biphasic surface amorphous layer lubrication of articular cartilage.Med. Eng. Phys. 2005; 27: 836-844
- Boundary lubrication in vivo.Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. [H]. 2000; 214: 83-94
- Characterization of a bovine synovial fluid lubricating factor. I. Chemical, surface activity and lubricating properties.Connect. Tissue Res. 1992; 28: 71-88
- The effect of phospholipase digestion upon the boundary lubricating ability of synovial fluid.J. Rheumatol. 1999; 26: 2454-2457
- Joint lubrication.Lancet. 1934; 223: 1426-1427
Katta, J.K., Jin, Z., Ingham, E., Fisher, J., 2006. Effect of glycosaminoglycan (GAG) depletion on cartilage friction under various tribological conditions. Proceedings of the World Congress of Biomechanics, Munich.
- Cryoscanning electron microscopic study of the surface amorphous layer of articular cartilage.J. Anat. 1995; 187: 429-444
- Experimental verification of the role of interstitial fluid pressurization in cartilage lubrication.J. Orthop. Res. 2004; 22: 565-570
- Three-dimensional kinematics of the human knee during walking.J. Biomech. 1992; 25 (Show: 5 10 20 50 100 200 500 Sort Author Journal Pub Date Text File): 347-357
- Experimental evidence for weeping lubrication in mammalian joints.Nature. 1959; 184: 1285
- In vitro wear of articular cartilage.J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 1975; 57: 527-534
- The frictional properties of animal joints.Wear. 1962; 5: 1-17
Mccutchen, C.W., 1969. More on weeping lubrication: experiments with hydron, a microporous polyhydroxyalkylacrylic ester resin. In: Wright, V. (Ed.), Lubrication and Wear in Joints. Sector.
- Collagen alignments and artificial splits at the surface of human articular cartilage.J. Anat. 1974; 118: 101-118
- Biphasic creep and stress relaxation of articular cartilage in compression? Theory and experiments.J. Biomech. Eng. 1980; 102: 73-84
- Biomechanics of articular cartilage.in: Nordin M. Frankel V.H. Basic Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System. second ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1980
- Fluid transport and mechanical properties of articular cartilage: a review.J. Biomech. 1984; 17: 377-394
- Development of an artificial articular cartilage.Clin. Mater. 1990; 6: 361-381
- Development of artificial articular cartilage.Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. [H]. 2000; 214: 59-68
- Investigation into the effects of proteins and lipids on the frictional properties of articular cartilage.Biomaterials. 1998; 19: 1807-1812
- Frictinoal behaviour of a total hip prosthesis containing artificial articular cartilage.J. Jpn. Soc. Biomater. 1985; 3: 151-157
- Friction and wear changes in synovial joints.Wear. 1994; : 135-142
- Quantitative analysis of the wear and wear debris from low and high carbon content cobalt chrome alloys used in metal on metal total hip replacements.J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Med. 1999; 10: 353-362
- Reliability of the Mankin score for osteoarthritis.J. Orthop. Res. 1992; 10: 58-61
- The tribology (friction, lubrication and wear) of all-metal artificial hip joints.Wear. 1971; : 285-299
- A unified theory of wear for ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene in multi-directional sliding.Wear. 2001; 248: 38-47